Best E-Skate Wheels on the market (Currently)

Also, depending on your time horizon you should keep and eye on these ones

They seem really really promising, and the developers have been very thorough testing them. They should cover a middle ground between thane and pneumies, giving great comfort, decent range and good grip.

2 Likes

I ran across them on IG and have been following them for a bit! They look pretty decent. As to what was mentioned earlier, my current setup I am very happy with in basically every fashion besides the wheels I was using. I didnā€™t really want to get into every part of the build but I cant seem to find the option to post a picture so I will post my specs here: I am running a Globe G2 8" deck, dual flipsky 6384/190kv motors, trampa ultimate titanium axles, which are mounted by a trampa kit. I was using MBS all-terrain wheels but I am looking to get something different because I didnā€™t find the grip on them to be that great. A flipshy dual fsesc 6.6 with an accompanied anti spark switch is also being used which I think are doing very well!

1 Like

Maybe get TB110 and dye them black? It seems that is very easy and the results are nice. There are some posts on the forum of people doing it.

1 Like

TB has 100mm wheels for sale at a really good price right now you might want to check that

2 Likes

I would recommend avoiding the TB110s. I too have had 3 out of 4 delaminate in one set. When I contacted TB, the told me that they had never seen that before.

5 Likes

In July, the Boosted 105s will be re-released to the public at a lower price. Around $120. They have both comfort and great grip due to the 72a urethane. May want to wait until then if you can.

4 Likes

Yep, I would avoid the 110mm, they have core issues, I donā€™t think whatever core they are using is able to withstand that much thane. But I get why people go for them, some drives have not much space for anything smaller.

The 107mm black wheels from ABEC are not much better, they donā€™t seperate from the core, but they do chunk like Campbell Soup.

If you need full thane wheels, Iā€™ve always had a good experience with the Boas, they have a new 100mm our thats softer than their last batch, 76a I think.

Tested them on a friends board (Onsra black carve) for about an hour of riding and they are definitely softer than the standard Boas, Might have to pick up a set myself, though my old ones are still in great condition, however the blue is pretty sweet.

Cags would be good if they were larger, but Iā€™ve been through about 4 sets of those and they just chip too easily.

2 Likes

I think the best idea is to hold out for a couple more months. There will be much better options on the market at that point. Myself and another rider having been testing the Boosted style 105 wheels for the last couple of months with no chunking. The other rider has been ripping it up in NYC and the wheels have held up well. The Momentum wheels are also coming out soon and have been tested extensively. Very good for the consumer.

1 Like

I have high hopes for a hollow wheel that @TheGoodMomentum is developing. Really something new on the market.

I just hope that in future he will introduce more colors as a choice.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure he will. He has invested alot of money into this project just to get the black and white wheel out. With time, Iā€™m sure either a completely white wheel that can be dyed or colored options will become available. Personally, I am hoping for a 120mm in the not to far future.

3 Likes

pneumatics might be your saving grace

2 Likes

Not to revive a dead topic butā€¦

Pneumatics are forsure the most comfy to ride on, but from my experience they also cause the most headaches and require maitnence and upkeep more than any wheel. My set of pneumatics have been a real pain in the ass to use. Constantly popping tubes, finding quality tubes is a chore(depending on size of course), finding quality rubber is a pain at times, and more slime than a nickelodeon kids choice awards show.

My 120mm cloud wheels got me over 2000mi during last riding season. Only maitnence it required was the occasional rotation of front and drive wheels.
I got the pneumatics at the same time as the cloud wheels and have only been able to successfully ride less than 100mi without issue.

4 Likes

Sounds like youā€™re going to be a fan of the new 165mm rubber-surface cloudwheels :upside_down_face:

Been meaning to find a thread to talk about them; seems like their main pros are responsiveness due to little sidwall flex compared to pneumatics, and range + durability. Comfort wise they fall short unfortunately :frowning: Also donā€™t know yet if they fit regular hubs or not.

Edit: seems like we have a thread:

1 Like

This is hugely dependent on your luck and might never be a problem for others (like me)

Iā€™ve been using the same 4 Tubes i bought in December 2019 till this day. Not a single puncture or failure.

3 Likes

Damn. In the 100mi I maybe have total on pneumatics Iā€™ve gone through 8 tubes. I had my first successful ride today without getting a flat.

I saw these, they are interesting. I deff want to give them a shot but I think I am going to wait until after I receive my hollow wheels.

3 Likes

I am looking forward to giving these a try too. A urethane is always going to be more reliable that a pneumatic but the ride quality is hard to beat. I am looking forward to seeing some reviews of the new Cloudwheels.

SRB 150mm rubber wheels surely be up the top of this list. Certainly for grip whilst racing anyway :blush:

1 Like

Donā€™t the SRB tires only fit his proprietary hubs? Itā€™s not a very universal tire AFAIK

1 Like

The title of the thread says best wheels. The hubs are part of the wheels in my opinion.

1 Like