Best E-Skate Wheels on the market (Currently)

I think the best idea is to hold out for a couple more months. There will be much better options on the market at that point. Myself and another rider having been testing the Boosted style 105 wheels for the last couple of months with no chunking. The other rider has been ripping it up in NYC and the wheels have held up well. The Momentum wheels are also coming out soon and have been tested extensively. Very good for the consumer.

1 Like

I have high hopes for a hollow wheel that @TheGoodMomentum is developing. Really something new on the market.

I just hope that in future he will introduce more colors as a choice.

2 Likes

I’m sure he will. He has invested alot of money into this project just to get the black and white wheel out. With time, I’m sure either a completely white wheel that can be dyed or colored options will become available. Personally, I am hoping for a 120mm in the not to far future.

3 Likes

pneumatics might be your saving grace

2 Likes

Not to revive a dead topic but…

Pneumatics are forsure the most comfy to ride on, but from my experience they also cause the most headaches and require maitnence and upkeep more than any wheel. My set of pneumatics have been a real pain in the ass to use. Constantly popping tubes, finding quality tubes is a chore(depending on size of course), finding quality rubber is a pain at times, and more slime than a nickelodeon kids choice awards show.

My 120mm cloud wheels got me over 2000mi during last riding season. Only maitnence it required was the occasional rotation of front and drive wheels.
I got the pneumatics at the same time as the cloud wheels and have only been able to successfully ride less than 100mi without issue.

4 Likes

Sounds like you’re going to be a fan of the new 165mm rubber-surface cloudwheels :upside_down_face:

Been meaning to find a thread to talk about them; seems like their main pros are responsiveness due to little sidwall flex compared to pneumatics, and range + durability. Comfort wise they fall short unfortunately :frowning: Also don’t know yet if they fit regular hubs or not.

Edit: seems like we have a thread:

1 Like

This is hugely dependent on your luck and might never be a problem for others (like me)

I’ve been using the same 4 Tubes i bought in December 2019 till this day. Not a single puncture or failure.

3 Likes

Damn. In the 100mi I maybe have total on pneumatics I’ve gone through 8 tubes. I had my first successful ride today without getting a flat.

I saw these, they are interesting. I deff want to give them a shot but I think I am going to wait until after I receive my hollow wheels.

3 Likes

I am looking forward to giving these a try too. A urethane is always going to be more reliable that a pneumatic but the ride quality is hard to beat. I am looking forward to seeing some reviews of the new Cloudwheels.

SRB 150mm rubber wheels surely be up the top of this list. Certainly for grip whilst racing anyway :blush:

1 Like

Don’t the SRB tires only fit his proprietary hubs? It’s not a very universal tire AFAIK

1 Like

The title of the thread says best wheels. The hubs are part of the wheels in my opinion.

1 Like

I’m looking for tubes. What tubes you use? :smiley:

I bought the normal tubes from MBS

February 2019*

Screenshot_20220301-004935_Gmail__01

1 Like

Ah. Too bad they didn’t have in 6"-6.5". Guess evolve(:face_exhaling:) is my best other option?

1 Like

Then if that’s the case I would say they’re not at all the best wheels because they can’t be put on the best trucks (RKP)

They are the best wheels for my purpose then :+1:

1 Like

For "6 tubes I’ve been using what I could find on Amazon. The set I got have worked no issue so far. Only pain is the valve stem but that could also be bad tube positioning on my part.

SLIME ALL YOUR TUBES

These have been the best tubes I’ve tried so far

Skating on smooth roads and skate parks is fun. But that ends when we find ourselves on roads with bumpy rocks and objects that make our rides shaky.

1 Like