Best bearings for our boards...?

https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/Turning-Boring/Knurling-Tools/Knurl-Holders/Hand-Knurlers?navid=12105917

2 Likes

Are you using spacers/speed rings or built-ins? You should be able to tighten the axle nut all the way

I do 50/50. Too lazy to sometimes and not all spacers are created equal

Im using speed washers and spacers no worries… my axle bearing tolerance is just loose. I tighten all the way and it still spins perfectly :wink:

1 Like

If it’s all the way tight I don’t see how the bearings could move on the axle. You’re sure it’s not something else like a pulley or even the wheel hub moving on bearings

100% sure. The axle feels small compared to the bearing ID

I am a fan of big balls…

1 Like

Higher top end speed? :thinking::thinking:

Can someone explain that to me before I make a fool out of myself for mocking their claims?

1 Like

We have all sizes in Si3N4 quality. 608, R6 and 6001

3 Likes

Found something out.
You can get needle roller bearings that along with a proper spacer (and youll need washer to keep it from rolling of the end.

still a little jank but at least its non destructive. Unfortunately I do not have the means to test them as I have no 12mm axles.

IMO zz bearing are the most reliable at high speed, I was a speed rider in inline roller and that was always the go too !

1 Like

Is the 8x22x7 608rs fast eddy bearings what I’m looking for using tb218

1 Like

Yes

Oust, just get them and you will agree.
https://www.oustbearings.com/

I come from bones, and moved to these since they are made and tested for high speeds.
I will say you might want to keep them well oiled. Depending how you ride you can just burn the
oil up in any bearing.

That makes no difference. Our wheels almost never exceed 100rpm.

Skateboard bearing marketing is always a scam.
Just get CHEAP reputable brands, or even better, full contact seal industrial ones like NSK/SKF/FAG etc. Freeroll doesn’t really matter for electric.

2 Likes

my point is more downhill riders use them, not street skaters like bones.
So they are tested for speeds. I get the industry and marketing, which you also wont see many fancy ads etc from oust but I digress. I have ordered cheap bearings and had many of blow outs.
Im not trusting amazon’s best on my esk8.

Would there be any benefit to using the Zealous ceramics instead? Or is the price increase not justified?

Waste of $ in my opinion

I Scrolled all the way to the bottom just to say i like zealous because they’re great quality and reasonably priced.

7 Likes

Will admit that when using 90’s Popca’s and Boa’s with Bones 6 BB it’s improved distance and freeroll.
Tekton 6 Ball XT Steel however for an extra 10 are noticeably better