Best bearings for our boards...?

if it’s a nylon hub, i wonder if it might be possible to bore out the bearing seat with hand tools

1 Like

Can’t think of a way without risking quite a bit of damage. If it’s not perfectly true, they’re ruined

Feels like nylon. Too dense for a generic plastic. I’ll weigh em in a sec

1 Like

Got these Ghost bearings as a sample! Dont see them for sale anywhere. I think I remember reading this si3n4 ceramic was

better. They have glow in the dark seals. This place sells them for 128$ a set which seems a good deal for full ceramic. They don’t list them on the site and you have to ask for them.

http://locateballbearings.com/

Come w ceramic spacers

4 Likes

What sizes did they give you?

Standard 608. Just showing those big ones off!

3 Likes

gotcha.
$128 for 8?

I think for mine Im going to give the lathe a shot

Yea for 8. From my looking I thought was a good deal for full ceramic and this type. Maybe I’d lathe a spacer at this cost

1 Like

This is incredibly good

1 Like

how are these bearings holding up? do they perform as good as they look?

getting back home in two days All I could fit coming here was my roller skates! I could put them in one, but didn’t.

They’re let me skate in the grocery store here in the woods

The masked guy isn’t me. Two toothpaste, two soaps, and two wine glasses.

8 Likes

Man, that’s awesome - wouldn’t want ya to give that up for a bunch of bearings!

1 Like

hey moon, what’s your verdict on the metal cages? have we found the golden buzzer of bearings?

can’t get a misumi registration as I’m not a business… metal cages are listed as “Punching” for NTN called “Retainer” I think. Can’t locate the metal cage spec for the generic MISUMI brand, but neither is there a rubber seal version for that. only the dirt penetrable ZZs available.

Im not sure, @bigben has them at the moment

Misumi is deffo the best place to get bearings though, for any vendor out there that supplies a product with bearings you should check them out.

1 Like

They’re under the desk, in some wheels… Want me to punch a hole in the box I’m sending you and stick them in?

3 Likes

Im not too fussed. Got a set of bearings here already

2 Likes

Skate bearings size and skate bearing spacing is a general problem in itself.

Japanese or German, 28-30mm x10 bearing with a 30mm spread. This is a step in the right direction. Tapered roller would be even better.

Most sk8 axels need to more spindle area to accommodate.

The larger fulcrum from oversized thane and especially pnumatics should make us reconsider using stantard skate parts.

Bearing failure is somthing you shouldn’t have to think about when you step on your board.

That being said, always check bearings before you ride.

6 Likes

Is there such a thing as over lubricating bearings to the point of damaging them?

https://www.endurobearings.com/products/bearings/max/

I’m thinking of looking in to these. Just for fun. I live close enough to ABI industries in Oakland. I was able to get some bearings at the source for a decent price when I needed a special size for Mk1 Avio drives. There’s also a cheaper option in the 608 LLB. I’m wondering what the resistance may be like on these since they are primarily for cycling

2 Likes

Enduro sell mediocre bike bearings

Your resistance comes from the seal and type of grease used

4 Likes

I’ll do it for science. Nothing to lose but skin

2 Likes