Bergmeisters: Do I really need to go on a diet or why do I get flats?

Mine have about 400 miles on them with no flats. I did rotate front to rear at about 300 miles.

1 Like

@Excess which size grommets are you using from the kit on amazon you linked. I’m looking to purchase the correct size instead of a bunch of extras. All 4 of my bergs went flat while sitting unridden for 2 weeks. I only had about 40 miles on my set, maybe even less. I tried to pump them up and immediately the air came leaking out. I didn’t have valve rubber rings or grommets on my setup, so i need to try that on this next round of tubes… Looking forward to any new tube developments from @haggyboard.timo soon! Cheers!

1 Like

we managed to source locally rubber grommets and we will be sending all Bergmeister out with those grommets and for good measure the silicone o-ring.

6 Likes

regarding @donta42 post above, a few reasons could lead to deflation…an easy way to rule out that the air comes out thru the valve is to check with your local bike or car tire shop if they have the core removal tool. you can re-tighten the valve core.

for those with flat tire issues, please: send me an email to timo@wertrimo.com
with

aa) first name + last name
bb) phone number
cc) postal address
dd) email

we will sort you out :slight_smile:

also, the inner tube we are currently using is a 5x1s. I am now waiting for 6x 1.25 inner tubes from a few different suppliers to see if they are more suitable.

shall keep you all posted.

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 06.01.29

14 Likes

Thanks for the info, Timo!

3 Likes

Hey there @haggyboard.timo , have you any update on sourcing healthy tubes?
Hope you are healthy and well brother

1 Like

I really need the tubes to come in. Im getting close to selling these hubs for dirt cheap. I have not had a ride without getting a flat for at least ten rides. I have about 14 tubes that have blown. All from different tires and even two sets of hubs.

I bought a psi gauge to make sure its at 60…i use o rings. They pop whether balanced or unbalanced. Green slime helps nothing. The worst part is it happens on smooth roads or rough roads. I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO FUCKING DO!!!

I emailed @haggyboard.timo but im guessing he is busy with the move but im at my wits end… my last one blew on the way to the beach. Only 3 miles away from home. I had just changed a flat… only good thing about these wheels so far is they ride pretty well while flat.

Actualy 18!!! Ive lost 18 tubes counting the one on the board… what the shit…

5 Likes

Don’t even ride them just spin them on the bench :rofl:

If they still flat then idk

1 Like

If you get that many flats I think you’re doing something wrong, I have 1 flat after several hundred miles. Are you damaging the tubes when you close the rims and have you checked the inside of the tires?

1 Like

Man ive double and triple checked. Used different tires. Im always super careful not to pinch it. I actually heard todays tire blow out. It was just from riding durinf riding…

2 Likes

That’s just not right though…the rate you are blowing these is super sus

Pump them up and note where all the leaks are?

1 Like

Try liner like they do with bicycles or gorilla tapeimage

3 Likes

Also you can test the Tube before hand pump up just enough and get a bucket of water or bath tub put the tube under water to see if there are any leaks

3 Likes

I feel like you should have realized it wasn’t the tubes a couple of tubes ago.

I can feel for your denial tho

5 Likes

Somethings poking at the tube is my feeling @Bobby
Is it the same hub or multiple ones?

I’ll give you a $0.25 a piece plus shipping.

3 Likes

Multiple hubs. One set bought new, the other bought used. Different boards and different tires. I have about 10-12 tires and I rotate them out. I dont care what it is as long as it can be fixed. Ive tried using kevlar strips but they seem to make situations worse

1 Like

Ya man that sucks it’s making me not want to buy them but I love the look especially the tires Keep us posted :call_me_hand:

I have all the leaks facing 6 o clock.

3 Likes

Lately my eskate endeavors have been a lot like @xsynatic .

bad luck sheckle poopy

3 Likes