Bergmeisters: Do I really need to go on a diet or why do I get flats?

Damn Timo, your CS is amazing

7 Likes

Timo already has me taken care of.

Just wanted to say thanks!

8 Likes

UPDATE:
up to now we have sent out quite a few envelopes with the silicone o-rings to those that have sent us an email.

this weekend, we will be contacting all customers who have directly purchased the Bergmeisters from us. Apologies if you get a duplicate email.

To all have a good weekend.

best regards
Timo

17 Likes

Thanks for the transparency Timo! Just replied to your email.

Hands down the best customer service I’ve experienced.

4 Likes

Thank you so much
@haggyboard.timo

6 Likes

Any update on the V2 tubes? I’m running out of my spares and the weather is getting nicer. Hope all is well Timo!

2 Likes

@haggyboard.timo just ordered some new tubes (got a flat due to my own mistake :sweat_smile:). Shipping to my country should still be possible, if not just ping me and i will wait and ill see them arriving later this year. I can wait.
Please include those rubber seals: but any special way to mount them? Underneath the rim, between the tube? Or sandwiched in the hole where the stem goes through?

I now did one wheel like this with the grommets i bought locally (had a very small puncture not caused by the stem, but as i had it disassembled, i gave it a try with those rubber thingies i had laying around and pictured some posts up)

2 Likes

It’s supposed to be under the rim, but wtf, how did you even manage to squeeze it in between? :open_mouth: IIRC my o-rings were too big to do something like that…

Your method is probably better at protecting the stem though.

:wink: :+1: that is it !

3 Likes

I use these grommets and they’ve worked great for me.

I bought these thinking they’d be great for wire penetration (they aren’t ) but I haven’t had a friction flat on any of my berg sets since.
https://www.amazon.com/Ohaha-260pcs-Rubber-Grommet-Assortment/dp/B06XFDX8TM/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=ohaha+260&qid=1587915115&sr=8-4

The cup around the rim perfectly

6 Likes

I’ve had mine between tube and hub but none of my flats have been near the stem :rofl:

My hub valve hole is so chamfered that the o ring would slip. I’d definitely need a grommet that can grab an edge.

1 Like

Its a grommet, check my picture earlier in this thread

2 Likes

@haggyboard.timo

I dont know what im doing wrong… 6 flats in 3 rides. I cant even go down the street without one of the tires going dead… im a huge fan but what good are tires that dont last 5
Miles without an issue!?!! All four hve the o-ring installed and ive ran them between 40-50psi

I run mine at 60psi and am 250. I have put 160 miles in the last 11 or so days with no flats. Gravel and pot hole heaven included. YMMV

1 Like

Maybe the tubes get pinched? Try centering the valve stem and holding it straight when you pump them up.

Put some slyme in the tubes…
I used a dremel and chamfered around the valve stem area. Zero issues since.

1 Like

@Bobby: just sent you a pm.

1 Like

grommets as pointed out by @Excess is a great idea and I am trying to source them locally.
Innova (our supplier) for the inner tubes and tires contacted us confirming the delivery of our new batch of inner tubes for July 3rd. In the meantime I am discussing with some other manufacturers to get inner tubes asap.

For those who had repeated issues with popping tires, please send me an email (timo@wertrimo.com) and we get you sorted out.

60psi is the recommended pressure…going much lower may cause problematic especially for heavier riders.

6 Likes

@Venom121212 here…

2 Likes