BEHEMOTH : Kaly XL-R build on steroids

I always ride like I’m racing so more noise is just more fun for me. I will say that the helical 3ds drives I have ridden are super smooth and you cant feel any notching or meshing.

have you seen a moon drive? they huge bro

1 Like

Yes, I’ll do my best to make it.

I don’t think that’s the full picture. 3DS stuff costs more and BN has easier access to the US market.

That’s a common misconception. It’s nyloil, not pom. Based on @Skyart’s info: Newbee helical 4GS gear drive! - #222 by Skyart
AFAIK the PEEK pulley is still in testing, looking forward to the results.

It doesnt have to be. The 1:5 ratio in 103 mm is comparable in size to the BN drive at 98mm. It’s just the 127mm one that’s massive.

I feel like a lot of this steel vs. pom debate is just a personal preference. I would not want to ride 90 miles(144.841km)(what this board is meant to do) with straight-cut steel gears screaming at me. Tinnitus guaranteed.

3 Likes

My straight cut steel 5.5 gears scream at 30mph, but honestly I barely notice it with a full face and wind noise. It is extremely loud on the bench, but not bothersome loud in real life.

Other people notice it though - everyone turns around to see what is coming up on them. Having a quiet drive is nice too tho - too each their own. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Belts lol

3 Likes

i can fully agree tinnitus is not great, look after your ears folks

wind noise with loud gears makes it when you arrive you can’t hear at room volume lol.

1 Like

Same for me. I love my newbee drives, but I equally love the straight cut steel on my raceboard.

Belts are louder than the finality and newbee drives lol

1 Like

Depends on the belt drive. I’ve used some silent ones, and some loud ones.

1 Like

Needs wider rims to look like kaly xlr? I got some tasty rims that fit the kaly xlr tyres…. Im running on 3d printed ones but have cnc version for £499 a set. They are massive!! 8.5” x 3” tyres the carve is insane

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Not gonna work with finality AT mounting.

The thicker sidewall helps with comfort too.

1 Like

Ahh thats a shame. These escooter tyres are super comfy. Id never go back to eskate tyres now

Yes it’s a great tire! Been using it for a little while now :fire: great so see someone else make a hub for it!

3 Likes

500£ for 3d printed rims is highway robbery. That’s what CNC rims will cost, plus there’s no way in trusting rims printed, let alone vertically like that.

1 Like

He is selling the cnc ones for that price not 3d printed.

1 Like

I saw your hubs a while back but i think on differemt tyres? What did you have on them when they first came out? Boards dont like right to me anymore without big phat rims like ours! :)))

As artic said cnc £499… im running on 3d printed almost up to 700 miles. Zero problems

Oh I’m blind

1 Like

Quick update

Got the board assembled into a running state. First time on an HV setup, feels scary powerful. Will take some time to get used to.

There are still a few things left to finish up. Lights, led strip, vesc express, gps… but the weather has been too good not to ride.

6 Likes

OMG! You already built the battery!?!?!!

1 Like