Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Weipu SF12 or SF8 has seen some use recently

Offtopic, given your name i assume you’re in germany?

Yes, polarity was correct. I was using a 5.5x2.5 dc jack and had positive on the inside prong and negative on the outside casing. Thinking of changing that too with a new one. But as @glyphiks said I will not use a fuse.
The worst thing is that I can’t charge (and therefore ride) until I receive my new charger…!
Any suggestions for round and short charge ports with a cap? Because I don’t have unlimited space (depth-wise).

1 Like

what’s ur hole size?

Diameter 16mm but I’m ok with up to 20mm I think. Depth cannot be more than 18mm because of the baseplate.

GX16-2P should fit right in, the port only need 13.1mm of depth

Example of a 3P version, but they are all the same

2 Likes

This thread is an absolute monster but for the most up to date battery building practices you can bring any questions here:

1 Like

Oof, i can’t recommend gx as a charge port due to the male pins. Weipu SF12 is my reco for charge ports

1 Like

there are inverted version of the gx connector…iirc

How much power is required to easily wheelie up the front end from a stop?

@Tony_Stark will be able to answer that :joy:

6 Likes

Where’d you get that printed insert? And is that a switchblade?

I still don’t know how people are making their boards do wheelies and burn outs. so if anyone knows the answer add that too please

1 Like

Yes

3 Likes
1 Like

I think that might be a remix of mine actually :nerd_face:

5 Likes

A lot of motor amps and a front binding :wink:
Mine didn’t start wheelieng till I got to 165 motor amps on 12S in BLDC mode (FOC seems to feel slower for the same amps in my experience)

3 Likes

I’ve gotten wheelies at 12s 60A per motor, but it’s geared for torque and I’m light

1 Like

No, it’s a hummie.

1 Like

Depends if you have a tail, and also depends where your center of weight is relative to the back wheels, and also depends if you have a front binding.

A board with a [functional] tail will wheelie with no power and no bindings.

A board with no binding and the back wheels extended 50cm behind the foot platform probably won’t ever have enough traction or power to wheelie.

1 Like