Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Happens every time I eat it.

Your whole body locks up muscles to brace for impact and it ends up feeling like you did a solid ab workout the next day.

If it’s not feeling better (on the mend) by 2 days, get checked for hernia. Seems like your pressure test indicates no hernia but still worth mentioning.

Good feels and fast heals!

5 Likes

Thankfully it is already feeling better today to the point where I can eat. There is some soreness where my belt sits that wasn’t there yesterday but no visible redness or bruising. So there might have been some internal bleeding but if it did happen it wasn’t severe and stopped on its own.

Also could have been not keeping a boiled egg at the proper temp or taking a prescription pain killer on an empty stomach

3 Likes

I think this partially explains why I don’t poop the morning/day after a crash or a long session hitting booters on the snowboard.
Im regular AF, first sip of morning coffee and off to the john.
I may ask DR Drew about it :rofl:

2 Likes

Ive been too freakin busy to get back to fixing it x.x
Probably tomorrow.
Im reeeeally hoping its anything but the esc. I have backup motors i can use, but i sold one xenith and immediately popped the other.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement for a VX2 battery without waiting for it to come from China? I haven’t had to replace a lipo before and I’m not sure what some good sources to get them from are. I wasn’t able to find one on Ebay either :confused:

Some numbers on the battery

4.44Wh
3.7V
1200mAh
20E18

If you can get your hands on some disposable vapes they all have 3.7v LiPo 1s pouches in them ranging from 400mAh to the highest I’ve seen being 2800mAh

bigclive on YouTube has a couple vids about it. I’ve been harvesting them for a couple years now.

2 Likes

You can buy them on eBay and Amazon amoung other places. If it’s a 1S low-current pack you just mostly need the dimensions.

Usually that first number represents the dimensions (932450),so you are looking for a battery 9.3mmx24mmx50mm at 1200mah.

4 Likes

I think the battery puffed up a bit so I wasn’t sure what kinda dimensions I would’ve needed

But this is very useful, I didn’t know that’s what it meant – thanks guys!

1 Like

You could always get a smaller one to be sure it fits.

1 Like

Yeah I think I’ll have to do that, I can’t find an exact match either so I’m gonna see if I can size down some.

Attempt #2 can anyone help me reverse the throttle on a mini remote? Forward on the throttle is negative pwmand vice versa.

I’m currently running current bidirectional so my “forward” is reverse and my “brake” is forward.

Would like to actually use proper hyst reverse.

1 Like

I had one like that. Swap the wires on the potentiometer inside the transmitter.

I don’t think VESC Tool will allow you to swap the PWM values. (eg: put 1.9ms for low and 1.1ms for high, etc.)

1 Like

There are 3 wires. Last time I did this y’all called me dumb for doing it and blowing up my remote. (TBF I was dumb, I blew it up)

VESCtool let me invert the start and end values in the remote wizard but it started acting all kinds of unpredictable so I undid that.

1 Like

Send a photo of the pot and one of us will know which ones to swap.

You want to leave the wiper, but swap the fixed ends.

1 Like

I’m a soldering newb and with my 90W Amazon find solder iron I can’t tin the 10AWG wire. Wire doesn’t get hot enough for the solder to melt onto it. I don’t think I have solder with lead though, must be unleaded, I bought it in EU.

Might I be able to tin and solder the 10AWG wire with this gas powered iron? Dremel VersaTip (2000-6)

90W should be enough.

Two things:

1. buy 60/40 leaded solder and don’t take no for an answer
  2. once you have that, try using a tiny bit of solder melted onto the iron to increase heat conduction to the wire
4 Likes
  1. I already do, but I guess I have to try 1. :slight_smile:

Is Aliexpress my best bet if I need it in EU?
nvm, found some local sellers.

1 Like

So long as you match the voltage of the old battery and it fits in the remote you’re good to go. You can get a new battery with a larger current listed and it will be safe to use. You can also get one with less current capacity but you’ll need to charge it more often.

I bought a replacement cell for an ESC remote and ended up getting a higher capacity battery that was larger than the original because it was cheapest and I had extra space to fit it in the remote shell.

1 Like

I still maintain something else must have happened while you were swapping them or something. Nothing else really makes sense. I guess you can mess up by putting positive or ground on the wiper and then shorting them when you turn the pot all the way one way, but it seemed like you hadn’t done that.

2 Likes