Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

I would have suggested that, but was terrified it would come with bonus crotch closeups

3 Likes

You know where you fucked up, right?

3 Likes

Tight

Thanks, comfortable with all of the above. I found a 5v rgb momentary button on amazon. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

If you’re aiming for maximum compatibility then grab a 16mm RGB momentary one, after I searched that instead of stormcore it came up with plenty on Amazon

And also probably a good idea to get someone to check my homework, as above I don’t understand the two momentary connections thing so I could be missing something

1 Like

Nope think its as simple as that! Really bummed about my button tho, i got glue in it xD

1 Like

I couldn’t do it by hand either but getting them seated and then blasting them home with the axle nut worked a treat :+1:

2 Likes

Just a little scared i will bend the adapter plate or put some pressure wrong and destroy something.
But i will try. And be careful. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Any FOC testers on Xenith ?I want to switch from BLDC but some people burned their VESCs with FOC

foc is fine on anything that isnt a simple 4.12

2 Likes

This was a somewhat common occurence 5 - 6+ years ago. Not at all today i would argue.

1 Like

Yeah but my V1 Xenith is pretty lucky that it hasn’t fried so far considering the first batch had this issue, don’t want to push my luck.

I want to try FOC because the motors have a very high pitched sound all the time, if I push the throttle a bit they start whining, from low speeds to high ones and it gets irritating.

I’m not aware of xeniths frying because of foc? Maybe i missed it. The main reason for dead xeniths is and was the antispark afaik.

1 Like

Not Xeniths particularly, stories from people with vescs.

I personally just can recommend foc.

I used it on my old 4.12 vescs
Currently use it on my Neoboxes
And currently use it on my Unity without issues.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, should I be careful about something when setting it up?

I’d say just the usual settings you should look out for.

Make sure everything is within spec.

Duty cycle current limit start at 0.85ish

Double check your battery amps since the vesc tool resets them and puts it at 99A even IF you tell it to not reset settings.

If you are unsure, take a screenshot and post it.

Use the main foc wizard (with the pop up guide, not the Wizard with the red squares, marked in orange)

1 Like

Much appreciated!

Is there a forum thread on how to setup/make/attach a bike trailer to the back of an esk8? Also do you think my board would be powerful enough to carry another person ~ 200lbs? I have 2 BH FS6384 140kv motors, 5.2:1 BN AT GD, Ubox V2, 16S12P battery. I only go 30km/hr max. I feel like I barely push my board rn. Everything is always running cool and I tamed down the board with vesc tool to approx 30-50% of what it can do so I was hoping it would have the capacity to handle a bigger load.

2 Likes

paging @rafaelinmissouri

He has some of that in his journal

2 Likes