Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

By default, try to choose the 190Kv = lower losses, higher power, better sensorless operation. BUT, it spins faster. So only if you can’t gear it down enough, then choose the 140Kv which has higher losses and is less powerful, but might be needed if your wheels are too big or your battery voltage too high or you can’t gear it down enough.

5 Likes

Thank you, guess it probably is. Will give it a go!

So I just realised that if your vesc is off and you rid your esk8 pedaled, if the back EMF is strong enough it will turn on your esc(Stormcore in my case). I guess this is solvable by increasing the lower voltage cutoff but is there a dedicated software fix that prevents this sort of thing from happening? (maybe not if the fets directly share the voltage-in bus)

1 Like

Hey does anyone know a vendor on Ali that sells genuine Amass connectors? Need some 4mm bullets. TIA

@frame

2 Likes

amass isn’t on aliexpress, but i can get u shit ton of amass stuff from taobao, sad part is, it could be expensive to import it into canada if u r just getting a few to complete ur build

2 Likes

Well, we get bent over for just about anything coming into the country so I’m pretty used to that! :sweat_smile:

I’ll dm u. Thx

2 Likes

sure thing, shoot me a list or something, i will see what i can grab for the taobao order

1 Like

Them anti sink plates.
Where in the UK/EU do people get them?

I bought some from ali and face palm the holes didn’t line up as it was too square :’)

https://shop.davega.eu/?product=davega-x-bracket&currency=EUR

[UK]

[Overseas]

10 Likes

lotta sold outs in there
the overseas ones r all bought out and I got the ali ones O+O

But you are on the money with the in continent ones, TY very much!

2 Likes

2 it seems.

grafik
grafik
grafik

1 Like

I’ve a friend suffering from the horrible condition known as old bones who runs a push board and wants to keep his ride platform low but have slightly bigger wheels. It’s a drop through deck on calibers and 70mm wheels ATM, he was looking at moving to 80 but didn’t want the ride height, I suggested a “riser” around 5mm between the trucks and deck to counteract the 5mm rise height gain

I think it’s a LY drophammer, whatever it is it’s drop through with no notable platform drop. I think it’s 9" calibers but not 100% sure, it’s been a while since I was on that board so I’m not sure what room it’s got before wheelbite ducks it up but visually seems fine. Anyone got experience with this? Any obvious hurdles popping up other than wheelbite? He’s a relatively casual rider so I don’t want to lead to something that’ll just cause expensive tinkering without a decent chance at results

Anyone have the Flipsky motor pinout on the jst sensor connector?

grafik

Layout from 2020 but should be the same now

4 Likes

I’ve done this, no issues except i was bottoming out the board while turning. If he’s just doing it to match the ride height he already has, should be fine.

I just used a strip of 5mm rubber under each side of the baseplate

3 Likes

Beautiful, cheers! I might cannibalise some of my rubber risers because it seems tricky getting sensible sizes of drop pads off the shelf, they’re all 1/16" or 0.13" or 0.06 or some similar weirdness. Fractional measurements are annoying but round fractional values converted imprecisely to decimal are somehow worse

1 Like

3d printer would make short work of the exact size and shape riser that you need…

2 Likes

How is the current split between the phases
Set of 6374 and mr60
What gauge wire do I need?

It varies but I tend to assume 50% load per wire.

If one wire experiences 0% the other 2 will experience around 50% but as phases phase the phase gets phased around…

Or something like that.