Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Bummer. It sat at storage voltage over the winter and I think I topped it off once last month when I thought the weather was going to be warm. Had it plugged into a power strip that tripped though. I’m gonna be so sad if it’s dead and I have nothing to ride :sob:

FYI: asked the question flipsky and this was their Response:

“The corresponding NO and B+ of the switch seat are short-circuited together with a short-circuit cap (that is, the pins of the seat, counting from the left: Pin2 and Pin3 are short-circuited together)”

Works fine :+1:

1 Like

Anyone know what bearings are in a janux flux drive or even just if the inner and outer are the same? Hoping i dont have to pull it apart until i have replacements

1 Like

Anyone have an .APK file for the old LLT BMS app? My shit auto updated and they took away discharge and charge control and a few updates back they took away being able to see individual P group voltages. Idk what’s going on over there, working backwards like no one’s business.

1 Like

@Boardnamics i went to do some checks on my motors and found that one of my pulleys is missing poles?

I have no idea where the Fuck they went but I know they were there before. They aren’t stuck in my wheel either so I’m pretty sure they’ve been lost on the road. What should I do?

I only noticed the pins were missing because a circlip failed on a motor and I’m checking both motors to be safe. I dont think it’s caused any noticable issues at all but I could be wrong. No other pins /cylinders /whatever they’re called feel loose

Edit: also anyone know how long a circlip should last? I’m not a fan of being thrown off my board with no warning. It is worse bc I was in a parking lot and someone was right there to see the failure :sob:

3 Likes

Yes, the white line wire should be the 5v.

If the circlip is just spinning on the shaft and not getting caught on your mount or anything else then I imagine they should last indefinitely. How did a circlip failing cause you to fall?

Lol that’s kinda normal for these. They must be the older ones that have pressed in pins. Later ones also have some retaining compound to keep them in. You should be able to add some retaining compound externally and it should wick onto the pin

The shaft on the motor was allowed to shift to the side misaligning the belt enough for it to get stopped completely I think. I was able to ride home since it pulled the can far enough out to reallign the belt again.

The pulley might have gotten pulled out of place to start with but it was pretty secure when I took it off. The circlip wasnt in the grove anymore when I took things apart. A washer was also destroyed but was still in the groove

I don’t have the missing pins though. The road stole them.

I’ll add some or try to for the remaining pins just in case. I wish one was loose so I could swap the missing ones to be one per pulley or at least make them not next to each other.

Yeah that’s what I meant. You can also ask boardnamics if he can send you over the pins. IMO, you should only have to pay for shipping at most, this is a known flaw with the product. Pins are inexpensive for him too.

3 Likes

Do they come unscrewed? Or do they somehow get sheared off?

They just fall out. They’re pressed in.

1 Like

I sent an email to see if that would get a faster response. I’ll still use it once I get the motor fixed (waiting for a circlip tool to arrive) though since it wasn’t causing any issues as is so waiting for more pins isn’t an issue.

They just fell out sometime in the last 9 months or so. I haven’t had to mess with them after getting everything aligned back when they came in last summer. if one of my motors didn’t fuck up I wouldn’t have noticed until I finally bothered to replace the motors with the new ones I have

Used wicking loctite290 (grape flavour) on my bn-m1 drives after this happened

1 Like

I put some cherry red locktite around the pins that are still present but I’ll have to pick up the 290 once I have replacement pins if that is a better option. I just used whatever I had that was strongest on it.

It was strong enough to hold a motor pulley on so well it took like an hour or two to get off yesterday and today. So I figured it should work well enough on the remaining pins that aren’t loose at all.

Any idea on how to summon him? I sent an email but have had no luck so far

thoughts and prayers

1 Like

respond time is currently: 10 months

1 Like

Apparently all I had to do was ask you how to summon him to get a reply :rofl:

Personally I just built my very first board using all parts from mboards except the deck. Best decision that I could have made. (I ddnt know shit bout building a board let alone battery’s and esc’s) Fast shipping and Customer service was above and beyond amazing and they helped every step of the way. Nothing bad to say about any of the parts so far. They’ve really stepped it up and worth checking out. Good luck on ur build.

1 Like

When i plug my motors into my vesc without sensors, they work fine. With sensors, the motors just stutter and vibrate and dont actually spin. Im not sure what setting in the Vesc tool affects this sort of thing. Any of yall run into this issue before?

Im using a makerx D100s and FS 6385 sensored motors.