Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

It still says regular for me on the little profile window too

Same spot it shows up on yours too.

I might just have broken the site a bit. I tend to accidentally do that more and more as I continue to refuse to upgrade my windows :rofl:

1 Like

Thats just showing the badge, not the trust level

You’ll lose your regular trust level if you don’t maintain a quota

2 Likes

I just realized that it looks different when I view my own profile :upside_down_face: :person_facepalming:so the trust level tag isn’t there when I look at it.

It should be

Make sure to hit expand when viewing your profile, it should show it then.

it only shows up if you hit this button which I did not notice???

I ended up figuring that out but somehow didn’t figure out that I need to hit reply after typing my reply :rofl:

PHASE CABLE SWAP / MOTOR DETECTION

If I swap two phase cables for better cable management, do I need to redo the whole FOC detection process?

Motors are now attached to gear drives, with dried loctite and I’d prefer to avoid…

There is no sensor on this motor.

1 Like

@DavidC No problem. And no need to change anything in motor detection parameters, IF SENSORS ARE NOT INVOLVED.

You may have to change motor direction anyway.

1 Like

@DavidC Thank you very much!

4 Likes

Hi guys I have a Lacroix Jaws 2.0 with the Stormcore 60d+, I messed up my settings in Vesc app a bit now my board only brakes very lightly until I’m almost at a stop then applies the brakes properly when almost stopped so it takes me a long distance to slow down from speed, can someone please let me know what I need to adjust in the app to have the brakes back to normal?
Thanks everyone :skateboard::battery::rocket:

up the negative value (more toward negative) to higher for motor current, start with something like -60, if still too weak for ur liking, go up to -70, then -80…etc

3 Likes

Thank you I will try this in the morning

Not really a beginner question, but @Skyart when would be the best time to order a motor from you? turns out that when I told someone I needed two motors that they still only bought one :smiling_face_with_tear: they also bought the wrong KV option but :person_shrugging: I was fine either way and kind of expected that mix up to happen

I don’t really need them but just wanted to upgrade so waiting isn’t an issue so I figured I’d ask to see when would work best for you

1 Like

There is currnetly a killer sale on 6485 size motors, discount is applied once they are in cart. The sale is part of a preorder and the motors will ship likely end of next week, or early following week. We already have tracking for them but i think it will be slow shipping progress over the holidays.

If you are buying the smaller 6355, these are in stock and can ship next day after purchase.

1 Like

I missed out on the sale for the 6355 motors sadly :cry: If I wanted to run 6485 I’d only be able to fit one motor with the trucks I have and prefer. i do have wider trucks but I don’t like them

I was asking to know what would be easier on you but if that isn’t an issue I can just order them now

1 Like

You did not! I forgot about this, use discount code “6355” at checkout for 20% off these

2 Likes

I think at some point I must have forgot it needed a code to be on sale, so thank you for reminding me

This will give me a chance to battle harden the ones I have and use those on the 2nd board I have neglected for half a year.

edit: I just ordered them now. pls pretend my given name doesn’t exist. I haven’t changed it purely because I have never come up with something better to use. Which is why I don’t use it online

2 Likes

I always liked the name Jehosephus

If I do change my name it needs to be one I can spell :rofl: and also one that doesn’t sound like I stole it from the bible