Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

If it’s anything like last year they’ll change it in a month or two as spring turns into summer and all the new riders flock to our gates seeking the finer ways of esk8.

Or this’ll be the kick in the pants needed to archive this thread and get on with this year’s noob questions.

Flipsky doesn’t deserve @jaykup 's talents
:rofl:

3 Likes

Flipsky probably can’t afford software engineers or quality control. That’s what you get for the low price.

1 Like

I read somewhere that you could short 2 pins on a stormcore button to have it always on in order to use a loop key. Is this true, and what pins would I connect in order to achieve this?

Stormcore diagram shows them as BTN (on the right side of this image)

When you push the original momentary switch, all its doing is temporarily connecting those 2 pins.

1 Like

So I would connect both of the BTN pins?

Yes, one to another. This is easy with a small jst connector or just by soldering a bridge between the 2 pins (disconnect from battery if soldering to avoid accidents please)

Thanks for the help

Stupide question, can’t remembre: in the og Unity app configurator, the max battery is per esc right ? So half the actual max of your battery

OG Unity software is the only software that’s combined, and not per side.

Thanks so I can get moaarrrrrrr

1 Like

sounds like I’ve a lot of stupid questions today : if my mesured speed is much faster than my actual speed, it means that the pole numbre I entred in the metre app (I’m sure about all of the other settings) is too high or too small ?

Possible.

I meant is it set too big a number or is it set too high a number ?

Could be both depending on KV, no?

What number did you enter and what motor are you using?

I have 14 on exway hubs, my guess would be it’s 12 but it could be 18 or something weird

1 Like

Hub motors are typically higher

1 Like

14 is unlikely.

Hubs are usually 20 - 28

1 Like

I’m seeing a thread on the old forum where someone say it is 24, I’ll try that

If you can easily disconnect the motor you could count them by shorting 2 phases, then spinning by hand.