Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Nada for the size and style I need

Vbeltsupply and vbeltguys if you don’t have time, Aliexpress if you do have time

So everyone is using D&D without issues?

Yes

2 Likes

Yes

Been having trouble finding a DM

Direct Manufacture?

1 Like

I just ordered from gpr industrial, they were cheaper like half the price of the vbelt supply

Edit: vbeltguys was cheaper then gpr industrial by a dollar, the vbeltsupply we’re almost double the cost.

1 Like

Never had any problems with Vbeltguys or D&D belts. Would recommend both.

3 Likes

Is it possible to wirelessly transmit data to a DavegaX or other telemetry display? Like some sort of wireless UART?

1 Like

You can use an old android connected via BT

You can take a allen key bit and put it into a 6 in one that should give you a good grip and will allow you to push in and keep the force on the striped bolts

Should I set my cycle capacity to 80% of pack capacity for a newer pack? 12s5p 21ah 80% would be 16.8ah, I’m only set to 90% 18.9ah for to see if there’s a range difference

As far as i’m aware, all that setting does is configure the app to report how much usable energy you have left.

If you are using the bms for discharge, the cutoff voltages are what you would need to tinker with to affect your usable power.

2 Likes

Is the any benefit or danger to having traction control turned on for street riding?

also in combo with smart reverse

1 Like

How much street is street? I use pnematics on street and always have it on, also even in the urethane days i had it on too.

3 Likes

Pneumatics on asphalt(sometimes really bad asphalt) and concrete

1 Like

What exactly does traction control do? Same as a car? Adjust speed of wheels independently to regain traction?

1 Like

Hopefully someone who knows exactly what it does chimes in because I’m not even close to certain

1 Like

Also interested in knowing. Saw a vesc setup guide that said to have it on but didn’t really explain why.

2 Likes