Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Then again… Maybe not :joy:

1 Like

Thankyou for the detail, makes sense

1 Like

It’s not even absolute, because it resets on reboot.

1 Like

You’re right.

So then it’s what?

erpm tacho integration? revometer? anglometer?

One thing it definitely isn’t — is a tachometer.

Low acceleration but only on steep hills.

My motor current max is 33 based on detection setup and my battery current max is set to 30a.

Noticing as the incline drops a little or speed gets going slowly I get a burst of available power so guessing I’m hitting one of these max?

Someone check my maths please,I’m ordering new belts for a build that took the back burner for a year. Iirc for idlers you add 5mm per idler? I have some dickeyho idlers with two pulleys and the springs, the belt calculator calls for 433mm belts; 72t wheel 15t motor 100mm center distance. So should I get a 445 or a 440?

1 Like

Are 190KV 6384 fine with 16S?

1 Like

Yeah. They’ll be loud and the bearings may wear out quicker but it shouldn’t be inherently incompatible. I’m running 205kv on 16s.

3 Likes
1 Like

Been there done that, thats how I determined the 433mm, my question is am I adding 5mm per idler, which puts me at 443mm, in-between belts sizes so should I go for 440 or 445?[quote=“Evwan, post:2903, topic:66072, full:true”]

[/quote]

doesn’t matter, u have adjustment on the motor screw slots, either size would work

2 Likes

Thank you sir.

1 Like

where are you guys buying belts? I don’t know if the D&D ones are that great that are commonly available.

vbelt, there are 2 and i think we hate one of them, so pick ur poison :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve ordered from both and never had issues

Vbeltsupply and vbeltguys

1 Like

@frame I think they both only have D&D

uhh…huh? what’s that :joy:

It’s the brand they have D&D powerdrive same as amazon

Any where to buy Gates?

oh, um idk, i use taobao cheap shit and just cross my fingers hoping they last until my next maintenance check