Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Supposedly, the rx3/tx3 is just wired to the same front port’s rx/tx but I can’t confim, just what Lacroix had said early on.

I have no idea what parallel pulling from the one port’s tx/rx pins would do either tbh. Mentally, I always thought “that seems like it should work” but then I saw the uSplit come out (device meant to split one uart port into 2 or more) and I had to assume that the answer was no.

Side note, @ricco is a super cool dude and is very knowledgeable and helpful about his projects.

4 Likes

Thanks! I will shoot him a message. That splitter sounds like it would work well for me if my smaller UART port is junk

1 Like

That’s the thing, it’s not a bilateral choice or a hill, nor does it involve death.

It’s just giving advice versus giving more accurate advice.

1 Like

Hey, just in case you hadn’t heard or were confused… Ppm and pwm are often used interchangeably here.

Also, in case you hadn’t noticed… It really irks some user here.

4 Likes

PWM = Pulse Width Modulation

PPM = PP Modulation?

1 Like

Phallo-penile

2 Likes

PPM is phallo-penile-modulation

/s

:rofl: :metal:

1 Like

Pulse Position Modulation.

I have asked Wowgo what the Max output is configured to for the Wowgo 3 esc. I’m hoping they will share with me as they sell the esc separately. I’m not too hopeful though, the Wowgo 3 has 2 x 250w hub motors with a max speed of 25mph, Bustin don’t advertise their motor wattage anywhere but given it’s running on a 10s & has top speed of 30mph I would imagine the output needed would be higher (maybe 600w motors?).

I’m assuming it’s a 10s pack in the Bustin as 270wh samsung battery pack with a 42v charger (so must be 36v)

Wattage =/= speed. You can get going pretty fast with not a lot of power, it just takes a long time to accelerate because your acceleration is limited.

Good to know. I am thinking; hook up the Stormcore, run motor detection to get some insight into recommended settings for these Bustin hubs & then I can hopefully compare that to whatever Wowgo tell me. That way I can decide if I just stick with the stormcore or sub it for the Wowgo Hobbywing.

What are these connectors called?

2 Likes

MR30

3 Likes

I’m programing on the VESC tools not to have reverse and it doesn’t work. My remote is on UART and I introduce “Current no reverse” and it still makes reverse when I pull back the throttle. My VESC is a FOCBOX Unity and remote a Flipsky VX4. Any help?

Is reverse turned on in the VX4? I know there was a setting in there for it

Are you writing the app config after you make the change?

Yes

2 Likes

I’m all out of ideas then :rofl: pretty sure @BigBen has a good amount of experience with the vx4

Didn’t see any settings for that on the remote and still didn’t update the firmware. Perhaps it’s on the unpdate?

What version firmware does your remote say?
Where are you setting current, no reverse?

1 Like