This
If I remove the motor sensor cable from a motor which has already gone through motor detection. Do I need to redo motor detection in order for that motor to run sensorless? (Too lazy to fix the wiring atm)
After I input everything it just stays greyed out on the right side. Set chemistry to liion as well.
Edit: It was my ad blocker, turned it off and values are showing up now.
I had the same problem. I think i mightâve had to switch browsers too
i hate when website does that, thatâs why i donât use it
What is a good starting point for efficiency? im using SRB rubber slicks and helical geardrives. 80%?
what what is the max value it could realistically be? 90%?
To get everything running and recognized properly you should, yes. I have had sensor wires come out mid rid but i noticed the motor noises and low speed torque.
Sweet thanks will do then
I would say 75- 80% is probably pretty realistic
There are a lot of different ways âpowerfulâ can manifest.
If you geared a board to match the top speed of a production board, then it would have a LOT more torque than the prebuilt. Thatâs where the power goes.
If you gear a board wayyy faster than the prebuilt, then the extra power goes into achieving that higher speed, and you donât get the extra torque.
Remember that power = speed x torque. If you have X power, you can either put it towards higher speed, or higher acceleration, not both. If you want both, then you need even MORE power.
I just got a simple question. Iâve been riding my build for a few months and I donât got a Bluetooth module hooked up to my VESC yet so I got no clue how much miles I have already, does the VESC store the data for total mileage on its own and I could see that in the VESCtool or that just doesnât exist, would be interesting to see how much Iâve already put on my esk8
no it doesnât, u can view real time data on vesctool app, but recording / logging still need to be done externally. any previous ride uâve done, those are lost forever
Damn, well good to know. Thanks
Got a hilarious mental image of a bunch of students flying at the wall after touching the system ![]()
No, just change it to sensorless
Oh? Iâm guessing itâs just a setting the VESC app then?
Ye
MotorSettings>FOC>General>SensorMode
Sensorless
You donât need to redo the detection, and if itâs working well then repeating the detection without saving the old values is actually not without risk.
Idk i think full charge cycles are healthy for a battery
I think i figured out what is wrong RE:this.
When the ek8news calc says loaded max speed what it really means is the average of loaded max and loaded min speeds⌠IMO thats very misleading. 3ds calc is definitely superior.
