Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

I don’t think this is normal, the trace peeled/fell

off

That PCB definitely looks like it has seen better days.

Could anyone please help me with the type of the connector on the left? The right one is JST-PH2.0 PH-4Y for comparison

It goes to this connector. If that helps this is the bluetooth module of the LLT Smart BMS

Witdh of connector(socket in the background from above, I am happy to shoot a better picture if needed)

I tried to measure the space between slots.

1 Like

jst zh 2.54

edit: should be XH

2 Likes

You sure its ZH and not XH? I mean chars are next to each other and seems like
ZH’s pitch is 1.5 J.S.T. Mfg. Co., Ltd. (jst-mfg.com)
while XH is 2.5 according to jst’s product page which practically is equal to 2.54 from your reply J.S.T. Mfg. Co., Ltd. (jst-mfg.com)

1 Like

yes, sorry, is xh. i got fat finger

2 Likes

thanks!

2 Likes

Umm…yup…that antenna has ceased to be. :scream:
Did it catch on something bouncing around in the enclosure?

1 Like

Hey All. Having an issue w my main ride rn. It’s relatively minor but wanted to get some possible solutions.

Issue is that when I start my controllers up using the power button, more-often-than-not I get nothing when I hit the throttle. Roll to start and everything works fine. Puck is indicating it’s connected in both scenarios.

Controllers are TB6s connected over CAN and remote is a puck. TIA.

I’m not sure I had it inside of a 3d printed case I found for it on thingiverse.

Verrry strange. It takes a decent amount of concentrated force to rip a trace off like that. Though soldering for too long/too hot can lift the trace off the pcb and then it’s a lot easier to damage.

Wait…I just noticed this…are all those solder pads lifted off the pcb? That pcb was probably bent somehow.

Are these windings toast? I dont see why it wouldnt still work but what can i expect?

1 Like

At the very least you can expect increased resistance of that phase, which means more heating for the same current, which could lead to overheating and cooking the windings more, which would result in a motor that is fully toast.

I wouldn’t risk it, I see a gouge in the windings deeper in, not just the one obviously broken strand.
If it was just the one strand, you might be able to get away with it, as the change in resistance would be small, probably less than 5%. With that more extensive damage, the change will be more drastic.

1 Like

do you need to split the 5volt and ground cable for using uart and power switch

Doing routine check on motors and I noticed I can push the shaft into the motor. It springs back but in comparison there’s minimal play on the other motor. What to do? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Do you notice a circle clip with some washers stacked at the bearing like the other motor?

2 Likes

The clips are still there on both motors and turn on the shaft as I torn the wheel.

does it do anything that i spilled some on the outside

any ideas on taking this off without cutting the cables, i dont rly want to use adapter

melted it right off lmao, f*king chinese glue