Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

At the very least you can expect increased resistance of that phase, which means more heating for the same current, which could lead to overheating and cooking the windings more, which would result in a motor that is fully toast.

I wouldn’t risk it, I see a gouge in the windings deeper in, not just the one obviously broken strand.
If it was just the one strand, you might be able to get away with it, as the change in resistance would be small, probably less than 5%. With that more extensive damage, the change will be more drastic.

1 Like

do you need to split the 5volt and ground cable for using uart and power switch

Doing routine check on motors and I noticed I can push the shaft into the motor. It springs back but in comparison there’s minimal play on the other motor. What to do? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Do you notice a circle clip with some washers stacked at the bearing like the other motor?

2 Likes

The clips are still there on both motors and turn on the shaft as I torn the wheel.

does it do anything that i spilled some on the outside

any ideas on taking this off without cutting the cables, i dont rly want to use adapter

melted it right off lmao, f*king chinese glue

:skull::skull::skull:

finally changed those garbage connectors

1 Like

dude went from garbage to different garbage

3 Likes

From one type of garbage to another.
That style of bullet connector is notorious for overheating and having the springs fail, because the full current of the connector travels through the spring.
The recommended type look like this:

where the spring force comes from the split connector plug itself, not a separate spring element.

There are connectors with springs that are acceptable, but in those, the spring is not in the current path.

3 Likes

and you waited to tell me until i finished soldering them

as u can see, u are still waiting to grow some manners

1 Like

The default flipsky ones are okay. They aren’t the ones you show above but they’re at least tight

My guy. My dude, My broski. My brother in Christ.
How the fuck could we have known what you were planning to do before you posted about it?

If you had come on here and said “I want to replace these garbage connectors with something better, what do you folks recommend?”, we would have told you.

That’s on you, not us.

2 Likes

every time i come back to this forum @zZoKo is on some fuckshit, without fail

wild that its been 3 years and he’s still pulling this bs :skull: i’m convinced this kid is not real

5 Likes

Someone AI generate “Norwegian Skateboard Troll” for me plz.

1 Like

ok but serious question is there any way to check if the 5volt and ground wire on sensor cables are color codded correctly, i don’t want to plug them in a new vesc and blow everything up