Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Everything you marked blue i also use blue.

Everything you marked red i use blue.

That’s how i have it. Problem free since 2019, never did it differently and never had a bolt come loose. Ymmv.

On purple I can’t comment since I don’t use shoulder bolts and don’t want to give tip that might get you hurt.

1 Like

interesting, I need to check my blue threadlocker bottle. Thanks

Let others maybe chime in as well. I can imagine that not everyone agrees with how i do it.

1 Like

Half of those should be nylock anyway and not even need loctite.

I’m with @xsynatic, blue for everything.

2 Likes

look at all the pretty colors. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Blue should be sufficient for all those, if it’s failing on you, try being careful about surface prep. Clean and degrease both sides of the threaded connection, and scuff them up a little with scotchbrite if possible.

1 Like

I personally would use Loctite 290 for all of these. Very, very tiny amount on the shoulder bolts threads or even 243 instead.

But I also wouldn’t use the shoulder bolts, these trucks have real axles now you can probably buy. And if I got those axles, I’d use epoxy on the threads as permanent threadlocker.

1 Like

Screeeeew you

3 Likes

PSA: Anyone else notice that the blue threadlocker tastes sweet? if you did you should probably get some gloves… that’s the nerve damage all thread locker causes. My friend who does gunsmithing which involves lots of thread locker has permanent nerve damage from using his hands to apply Loctite

INSTANTLY BUYS GLOVES ON AMAZON

So i was working on my board and streaming to our discord chat when he gave me the biggest dressing down lol. I was putting together my gear drive and had a box of gloves next to my work in the shot and using my fingers to apply the entire rainbow of various loctites. He was pissed but in a mama bird kinda way :joy:

1 Like

Oh god not again who tf is tasting their loctite

Interesting about the nerve damage - I always wipe it off right away if it gets on my hands, and wash after. Figured it wasn’t good for me lol

4 Likes

yeah ever since I’ve realized the back of my bottle says something to the effect of “prolonged exposure may cause organ failure”, I’ve been a bit more careful with it lol

1 Like

some be like

grafik

6 Likes

everything you marked blue I don’t use loctite. everything you marked red and purple I use 640

@ApproachCautiously knows what’s up

1 Like

Apparently I have a talent for using loctite without accidentally eating it. There’s gotta be a way this can make me famous.

4 Likes

Who the fuck eats Loctite and how is this a discussion again? :exploding_head:

public opinion voiced

3 Likes

Why the fuck are people applying loctite with their fingers?

Finger painting for adults?

3 Likes

They got nothing else to finger