Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Ah ok yours was first batch so you needed it right? How do we tell again, cause I don’t think mine is? But maybe I should just flash whatever is on their website anyways…

Are you clicking “read”, then changing settings, then clicking “write”?

1 Like

Hmm haven’t been clicking read beforehand but the next time I open the vesc app or metr it’s still there the previous setting I wrote out

if your d75 says 120 amps its batch 2 and above. Batch one is 140amps

1 Like

Link to a document to understand the relations of current (amperage) between battery/ VESC/ motors ?

So, according to MakerX I need to upload this bootloader:

But I don’t have this option, just generic. How do I get the other ones?

Tagging @Evwan in case you happen to know

Looks like all these settings/options are available when I boot the app, but go away as soon as I connect:

Generic should work. Bootloader is responsible for loading the firmware after its been sent to the esc. If it’s missing then the firmware won’t “stick”.

1 Like

Thanks I uploaded the one they have on their site, but didn’t change anything brakes are still weak.

Which board did you ride and liked the brakes on? Was it VESC based? You probably know this already, but regen brakes get weaker the slower you go. They won’t stop like a car/bike with physical brakes from 5mph to 0mph. But maybe if there was a board that you liked the brakes on, you could compare motor, kv, gearing, wheel size, single vs dual motor, etc and see what’s different.

1 Like

@zero_ads what kind of wheels/tires are you running?

1 Like

I think all my previous/current VESC boards I liked the brakes on, this is definitely the first time I’m experiencing such weak brakes. Like I mentioned in a previous post my current hub board has weak brakes (to be expected because of hubs), but it’s not even this bad.

The major differences here to past boards are the D100 VESC, higher kv, and higher voltage (20s). Using gears instead of belts but don’t think that has anything to do with this.

Currently using the Mad 105s

I’m going to try sensorless next to see if that does anything…

1 Like

At what speed(s) are the brakes feeling weak?

@YUTW123 you have a customer with a D75 that has weak brakes. Any thoughts on what’s going on and how to fix this?

2 Likes

Y’all are right, tbf I haven’t taken it outside yet and tried it at higher speeds, maybe I’ve gotten to used to bigger motors. Will try it out and report back at some point.

K yup I’m an idiot. All I had to do was pick up just a bit more speed to really feel the braking power, which is now way too strong

Edit: @YUTW123 did reach out to me to make sure everything was all gravy

6 Likes

:100:

1 Like

He also reached out to me and asked me if I wanted to have my esc replaced over the strange batch 1 vesc remote issues. I declined as I’m having zero issues with my unit besides that, but the hoyt puck doesnt discriminate :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes