Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Yeah, exactly. It’s probably the best design I’ve seen for a belt guard, but still :no_good_man:t2: for me

1 Like

Field weakening is typically used to artificially increase the top speed of a given setup, to get past the normal battery voltage and KV limit, allowing the motor to exceed the “no-load” maximum speed.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Derail Jail 2022

Should I be worried about vertically mounting a female xt90 for my male x90 loop key? Could it possibly jiggle out over time with vibration or become loose with age?

u mean the loopkey is sticking out facing the ground? yes better not do that

1 Like

It’s better to make the loopkey the female part.

1 Like

What does a vesc do differently once you hit the battery voltage cutoff start? limit current and speed?

It slows down all current drain, so u accelerate slower, it takes forever to hit top speed. That’s what I observed, maybe there are other things happening also

2 Likes

yes thats what i mean. noted. I have some other vertical xt90s but ill be putting silicone or even jbweld so it shouldnt be a problem making those vertical.

yes my loop key is female, oops

Probably not the best solution

1 Like

this isn’t about how it’s used, typically or otherwise. this is about how it works.

eeew :frowning:

How bad are Tenkas? I have the chance to buy one for 70$, would use it on a 12s street board

someone pay me 70 bucks to take it and i still don’t want it, that’s how bad it is

2 Likes

You would be throwing away $70 that you could use towards a quality controller that will last you years.

2 Likes

A Tenka is a Unity with half the mosfets removed… assuming they are the same fets that’s effectively half the power, or twice the heating at the same power level.

The controller is really the heart of the skateboard, but if it’s all the budget allows then keep it below 50-60A IMO

3 Likes

Yeah. I’ve researched the forum on this topic but wanted more input. Currently running a xenith on my MTB but I want to build a street board/carver which shouldn’t require that much power. 70$ looked appealing compared to 300± for top brands

What’s the main difference between the makerx dv6 and d60? Is it mainly just 120 vs 160 amps and the phase filter removal on the d60?

and also built in AS

1 Like