Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

60D+ Is only really capable of 100amps per channel unless you fable with the no limits fw

That’s disappointing. I guess it’s just because I have it geared so short for 45mph top speed, but I have it set to 85A atm and I’m seriously underwhelmed by the acceleration.

isn’t this what field weakening techniques aim to remedy?

if you want both torque and top speed, you’re going to need hefty components that can handle a lot of power and a lot of heat.

Hi, can anyone verify my vesc and BMS settings please?

Build is Stormcore 60D+ fw 5.3, 2 x flipsky 6374 BH motors, LLT BMS charge only & 12S4P P42A battery

Vesc
Motor Current Max = 80A each
Motor Current Max brake = -80A each
Absolute Max current 200A each
Battery Current Max 45A per side
Battery current max regen = -15A per side
battery cutoff start 40.8v
battery cutoff end 36v

Flipsky VX1 Pro using Uart
Control type = Current
Use smart reverse = true
Traction control = true
Throttle curve = Polynomial
Expo 0%
Expo brake 0%

LLT Settings

Silence monkee

Started with mine at 90A per side and have bumped it up 10A at a time. I’m at 110 motor A per motor now and they get hot but the low speed torque is worth it.

200kV APS 6384 V2 fwiw

3 Likes

can anyone get on discord and help me program a vesc?

If you turn down battery current you might be able to keep the low speed torque but quash some of the heat issues.

What ratio and wheel size?

What is Esk8 News opinion on this subject? Is it well-known that belt covers do more damage than good? Even when riding in forests and offroad?

They are unnecessary imo. No one on his Belt driven MTB even uses it .

2 Likes

i rather not have belt cover, but if i want a belt cover, the only one that i think actually works is what hoyt st is doing

having a cutout for the belt to go thru, but close off most of the area to prevent anything getting in, even the small gap in front of the motor pulley

6 Likes

4.9 and 9" wheels

2 Likes

These are such beautiful motor mounts but even these belt guards weird me out. I’ve gotten so much junk caught in belt guards that I just picture a pebble getting in these and not being able to escape.

1 Like

I just imagine the belt teeth dragging a pebble in and the metal cover preventing it from ever leaving .

2 Likes

Yeah, exactly. It’s probably the best design I’ve seen for a belt guard, but still :no_good_man:t2: for me

1 Like

Field weakening is typically used to artificially increase the top speed of a given setup, to get past the normal battery voltage and KV limit, allowing the motor to exceed the “no-load” maximum speed.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Derail Jail 2022

Should I be worried about vertically mounting a female xt90 for my male x90 loop key? Could it possibly jiggle out over time with vibration or become loose with age?