Beer Board šŸ» ~ 2x Focbox ~ Carvon Prototype Drive 90mm ~ Caguama 85mm ~ Hoyt St. Puck ~

Ok so before any more testing I just reset the whole system and redid the detection and input detection. Now it works! No idea wtf happened, but Iā€™m happy for now. Also the tape and epoxy are holding up.

6 Likes

Now having issues with the remoteā€¦

Does anyone know why my remote might be having issues connecting? I tried to reconnect it with the receiver but no dice:

Also huge thanks to @mmaner for a Bluetooth module thatā€™s working with my setup!

2 Likes

make sure you doing the pairing process correctly.

turn everything off
hold all the buttons on the remote down, minus the trim
turn on the board

1 Like

That worked! But when I hit the trigger nothing happens still.

Iā€™ve got it connected to the ppm mapping tab and itā€™s not mapping. Itā€™s on PID speed control no reverse. Is that correct?

2 Likes

It should, do the input detection again. post screen shots of the VESC tool if that doesnt work.

2 Likes

@mmaner

2 Likes

I dont know due, thatā€™s weird. Do you have another remote you can use to test the input with?

Unfortunately, no :frowning:

I might be able to steal one from @Argent for testing though

1 Like

sounds like a bad remote, cant be sure until you put a new remote on there and see if it works.

Haha, awesome!
Iā€™ve done some tape-and-epoxy repairs in a jiffy at work before just to get through the job and some have held for YEARS, lol

Sucks that sexy remote is having issuesā€¦ I wonder if there is any way to test that the remote is actually transmitting. That would take a lot of guesswork out

Iā€™m not sure what you mean. The remote connects to the Vesc tool and Iā€™ve only been using the input setup tool. I have it set to PID speed control no reverse with a PPM controller.

1 Like

I found an old nano remote last night. If i can find the RX, adn Im sure I can, Ill send it to you and you can test with it.

Thanks! Iā€™m pretty sure I can test with @Argentā€™s remote, so can I PM you if I need it? Youā€™ve already helped so much with the bluetooth module

1 Like

Itā€™s all good. Im not planning on using so, so no big. If you find that you need it just let me know.

1 Like

I would love it if youā€™d be willing to find where that option is in the tool

@deckoz Somewhere in here?

@Argent tested out his flipsky remote on the board today and it worked with zero issues. That means that the issue not for sure is the Hoyt st remote.

@DerelictRobot you have close connections with Hoyt skate I believe. Do you have any suggestions as to what might be up with the remote?

2 Likes

@anorak234 How old is the remote? I know the earlier bamboos had a weak throttle pin that has since been updated. Iā€™d guess that is what is broken, since youā€™ve got zero response on throttle, but youā€™ve got a pwm signal jitter at neutral coming in from the receiver & itā€™s paired correctly.

Iā€™d recommend reaching out directly to them via their support channels, theyā€™ve got great customer service and will get you taken care of.

3 Likes

The remote is from the builders group buy. Thanks for the help - Iā€™ve gone through the support channel and hopefully theyā€™ll respond quickly

1 Like

i was having similar issues with my hoyt. they replaced the internals of my remote free of charge. their support team is amazing. reach out to them, jeff will take care of you!

1 Like