Be careful buying from Trampa's website...

Dave is usually very good at giving our customers the best service possible. In pretty much all cases we manage to straighten out any issues with orders. Ultimately things can go wrong, we are all humans at work…
Customers very often get a response on weekends or even after business ours. We are available via phone and email. Emails are all answered within a very short period of time. Everyone at Trampa is trying to give first class CS.

9 Likes

Thank you Tamara for vesc.

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

So… What do you want to sell me? :joy::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you @APEX for the bro Deck!

Trampa did not invent the VESC thay do not own the rights to the VESC thay payed to use the name and have a go at any one else that uses the 4 letters

1 Like

Yet they’re partenered with Vedder (the V in VESC, you know?) And without them picking up and funding this project you would probably use a hobbyking esc to this day.
It’s fair to not want to associate any other controller running the open source vesc firmware as a “vesc” but as a “brand name esc based on vesc open source project”

Also quick reminder that haero boards is a thing and they make stuff, like decks

https://instagram.com/haeroboards

3 Likes

I totally disagree trampa had absolutely nothing to do with VESC 4.12 and you would definaltly be useing them over a hobby king esc

same with xinith/ dirty unity /storm core nothing to do with trampa and in fact frank hates the idea of a single MCU and tried to discredit it. Benjamin saw the huge split in the project and decided to bring it back to one project spending a huge amount of effort and time and colabing with other engineers.

Most of trampa development is moving away from esk8 more towards a general esc to increase there sales just look why do thay have 2 versions of tri motor controllers.

Frank entire plan is to make uneducated people think trampa is VESC any thing else is a lower quality copy. and worst of all it’s working evidence by the comments that keep coming up. This is just bad for consumers. Lack of competition slows Innovation and increases prices.

So when I see comments it’s the same as agreeing how North Korea is run

3 Likes

a what now?

Tri as in 3

Seems thay have 3 different versions of a triple controller now.

1 Like

They are 32A vescs, had a programming interface as complicated as teaching a toddler to use linux and hobbyking had 150A and 300A esc variants even then, which only required connecting any rc remote and the motor. They would be used, just not like this and definetly nowhere near production boards that cost £4000 before addons

Source? Is there a baseless rand about this anywhere? Or he said that separate controllers are better in case one dies? He seems to follow this with the hd vescs series. Totally separated logical stages, one dies, change it like a lego. A dual flipsky 6.6 dies? Buy a new one…

Alright stop there. Frank has a good hand over people that are not even aware that their boards are programmable. From what i see so far that is the majority of people buying a trampa complete. Just buy it and ride it kind of people. His talk resonates perfectly with those people, but not us diy guys that argue in 2000 comments about the position of a resistor. Want technical stuff write to Vedder, ask for permission to post publicly then release your findings into the world. Frank makes and sells trampa parts, Vedder codes software and circuits, they mix well up to a point where one has to ask the other for answers

Indeed, which is why there’s tons of competitor brands and they are free to choose what to make next

8 Likes

Those are all single controllers. One is from a design Vedder made for 75V 300A vesc, the next one is with optimised parts to support 100V and 200A. Both drive one single motor but have the copper diameter split into multiple wires, otherwise you’d have to try your luck at soldering awg00 wires

8 Likes

yeah no, u r wrong

6 Likes

Also odd that even though I made the order 3 days ago already, I still don’t even have a tracking number… hopefully just a coincidence.

Even though this went to derail prison, I feel like nobody noticed the complete lack of acknowledgment to my respectful request of looking into the issue at all.

Slow down your delusion dude. You do not even know what those (triple xD) vesc’s are :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m just beating the dead horse at this point, but.

Why wouldn’t they.

The 100V/200A variant is capable enough to run a motorcycle. That’s 20kW of power (potential max) being pushed into a motor by vesc. Put 2 of them on a go-kart and you better pray the brakes work on that damn thing.

Think of anything that can have a motor and there’s a use case for vesc

6 Likes

Exactly, can’t blame a company for wanting to expand to other markets, especially with how niche esk8 still is.

We may think we are high and mighty over here but I guarantee you the forum is probably less than 5% of their sales

Also, @Darkie02 you’ve got some weird radical opinions bro idk what your beef is

10 Likes

Guess we’re not talking about shopping carts anymore then eh?

4 Likes

The intended confusion between the VESC project and Tampa frank has made. That is my beef. He makes rules up for other people to follow and brakes every one for his own gain. Call it a dictatorship call it a dirty monopoly it’s immoral and is ignored this has been going on for years and every time it goes quiet about it you get comments like.

VESC would exist with out trampa. you should be thanking the VESC and the people that put 10000 hours in with out been paid and supporting that as it’s a non profit.

https://vesc-project.com/vesc_tool

5 Likes

I remember that you cannot even use that in the title anymore

3 Likes

Not when this forum reacts at the word “trampa” the same way a radical leftist does when he hears “donald trump”. (No, don’t even start politics here too. Just don’t)

I believe you’re right. You need to mention it but not base your brand image/reputation on it

5 Likes