Battle hardening motors

am i reading this wrong or are you saying your tb motors you sell you have already done this to them so we wouldn’t have to?

3 Likes

@onebluesummer yeah, correct.

5 Likes

Would you recommend battle hardening your motors?
They where bought in juanuary 2018

@AndresIGC Yeah, can never hurt.

Am i doing it right?

5 Likes

I have the same question, hopefully someone will answer. @Andy87?

1st picture I put the axle in a drill and used sandpaper to clean up the epoxy.
2nd picture just used a sharp object to scrap some of the epoxy.

I did my 2 motors and they seem to be working fine so it didnt hurt them. Used the scrapping away excess glue method

2 Likes

I was not really lucky with that it seems like I was getting more spreaded epoxy on the magnet than off.

Just important that the epoxy in the bell doesn’t touch the stator. How you take off the epoxy on the magnets doesn‘t matter so much.
First option looks better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
@Tamatoa best for sure to try to get less epoxy on the magnets directly when applying it.

4 Likes

Could you coat the magnets in something that could be easily rremoved after epoxy drys? Or as it drys?

1 Like

Good thanks, so just make sure the epoxy doesn’t touch the stator. I don’t know why but I was afraid it would be out of balance for some reason😅

Oh and I couldn’t do more than 3 slots at a time as you said before.

1 Like

@JoelM here*

2 Likes

Did you actually get to a pace of 4 cans in 30 minutes? I am nearly done my first batch of 6 and I’m multiple hours in :I In saying that some of the gaps are super clean and the magnets don’t have anything on them, maybe my time is worth it.

I’m not, I have 50 more motors to do :sweat_smile: I’m down to make some jigs to speed stuff up but I don’t really want to spend too long on each motor because I don’t want the cost to get too high.
Does your time include all prep? Taking apart the motor, cutting/applying the stickers, applying epoxy to 15 gaps, epoxying motor wires (If you do) and closing them up?

1 Like

I has sooooo many secrets lol

I am tempted to bring motors with me on my visit

Sometimes i let the epoxy dry a little too long before taking the tape off, so it kinda sticks and pulls up on the edges and i have to take it off

If your system is purchasable or something PM me because I gotta get this shit industrial ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(If its using a needle head syringe to inject slow drying epoxy into the gaps while tape surrounds all the magnets I already tried and failed at this)

1 Like

:sunglasses: Please before I kill myself hardening all these motors

1 Like

plop !

Hi here :wave:

So guys, after some have ridden their hardened motors for a while,
any feedback on the epoxy used to recommend or not exactly ??

Did some notice imbalance issues or something like that? Or noise appears? vibration…? coming crescendo rides after rides? Just wondering about it ^^

2 Likes