BatteryHookup.com are we talking about this?

Cause you need a hilarious amount of power to go anywhere on those motors. I looked into that brand for a 30’ sailboat. A ev car sized battery will only get you like 2 hours or 10kn of distance. Of you slow down to like 1-2 kns then you get a lot more range. Boat motors are hilariously inefficient

3 Likes

emailed them about it already, but kills my plans for riding 16s today :neutral_face:

3 Likes

gonna have to dremel the case to get the battery out, unless someone knows a solvent or something that can loosen the potting compound

2 Likes

Battery hookup now has XiaoXiang BMS’s, which is sweet. But I’m not sure if I agree that it was designed for the medical and military applications :joy:

2 Likes

I rater get it on aliexpress for that price lmfao

@joshoujoe I don’t think the pricing is that bad, it is the 100 amp model. For some I’m sure it’s worth paying a premium for the domestic shipping. I grabbed one directly from LTT power this spring for about 80 bucks.

2 Likes

That’s weird mine cost more :thinking::thinking: on batteryhookup ofc

1 Like

It all depends on which country’s hospital or military they are talking about. :grin:

8 Likes

Is this a liion battery? Does anyone know? I wsnt to use this for my spot welder, but wondering what kind of bms I would need

1 Like

EV module

it’s li-ion

also “These 3s BMW batteries are PERFECT for 12v inverters.”

and yes I wondered the same

lol you prob don’t need a BMS for these

2 Likes

Sweet I ended up ordering it. Hoping it works out

1 Like

Yeah, I wouldn’t worry about it, I run a bunch of packs of various sizes up to a few kWh without BMSes. They’re only for DC applications and I’ll occasionally hook up a balancer, but it’s rarely even necessary.

Charge them off either buck or boost modules with either other packs, server PSU’s hooked up to large buck or boost converters, depending on the voltage, or solar charge controllers when I’ve got extra sun, but since they’re not hooked up to inverters, and I know exactly what wattage I’m pulling from them depending on what’s hooked up (often other buck or boost modules), I just keep a mini volt meter hooked up and keep my eye on them during use.

1 Like

BMSssss

1 Like

Yeah but :triumph: IT’S NOT A SMART ONE :angry::angry:

1 Like
1 Like

They have shrink too if you didn’t see yet
3 Likes

worth it lmfao good thing I don’t need heat shrink

3 Likes

that’s as far as I’m going, leaving the base on it

5 Likes