BatteryHookup.com are we talking about this?

if you really want just the cases that bad I’ll order 2 right now, though I don’t know if it’ll get destroyed to get the cells out

1 Like

lol just pour some iso in?

maybe something stronger idk what breaks down silicone

1 Like

Oh wait the spintend can do 16S , yeah I’m deff getting, need more V while waiting for Rion controller

Maybe even get 3, bump to 24S when Rion comes and have a spare :yum:

1 Like

Since You’re buying things for people can You get me a set.of these please and thank you

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32906359415.html?spm=a2g0n.shopcart-amp.item.32906359415&

2 Likes

they hopped the price up on those a bunch I think

Sure if you just want the box from them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Any coupons I should be aware of?

2 Likes

eleven

hmm we should prob start using eachother’s codes then use the money to get more batteriez

1 Like

There’s a mail in rebate for beer?
Oh you mean him haha

2 Likes

1 Like

Proprietary BMS, but the chargers look like they’re just 5.5 x 2.X 12V barrel jacks. maybe a boost converter in the BMS up to 33.6?

(I’m thinking so, since one of the options is a cigarette lighter plug, so 12V-~14.7V engine on.)

If you have a bench power supply, could you see if it’ll take power and see if probing the motor output gives power without the control cable connected?

My parent’s have a little dinghy that they’re still running off lead. This might be a nice drop with a new glans and connector, and even better if it’s drop in without mods…

2 Likes

Ehh I’m not looking to spend time on it, can send the bms to you to play with

3 Likes

Haha, understandable.

For the price that it’d be shipping private party (can’t get a good gauge of the size/weight) vs just buying the whole pack from BHU, it might not be far off to say that you’re buying the case and bms shipped, and getting the cells free.

Ooh, plus a GPS module…

Crap, I think I’ve talked myself into buying a pair…

1 Like

What gps module?

1 Like

No idea if it’s even possible to tap into it, but being a maritime use case, I’m guessing it’s glonass instead of agps, so it should be pretty slick if you can hack it.

4 Likes

“32650” cells are in fact 32*70mm

7 Likes

haven’t seen molicel on BHU much
1 Like

Yeah weird they pulled a molicel on us, the density is good for lithium iron anyway. I have 2 12s4p’s going into a hummie and a killshot.

7 Likes

Uhm wrong cells…

These cells are used in laptop batteries, I’ve salvaged 100s for my powerwall, not suitable for high amp at all

5 Likes

Damn why they put low discharge cells into a freaking boat motor

4 Likes