The battery builders club

Where’s the price?

$100 or something ridiculous. I’ve been really happy with my vc4s. My Opus BT-C3100 is a good charger, but the resistance readings don’t always seem accurate based on what I see in other tests.

What batteries are you using without any issues with Maletrics? The cheaper – yet functioning correctly – the better. Mine just arrived today. 3D printing the case now.

They seem to recommend this but it’s kinda expensive. I was wondering if I can get away with old non puffy 25C batteries.

1 Like

sadly they are gone now but if you can find someone near you with some spare Spim08hp cells they are working great for some of us and are DEAD cheap.

3 Likes

Those were really clean. Thanks!

1 Like

for all you laquackerz goin 14Szzzz

1 Like

let us know how it works out and the size, etc. i don’t know anything about the 14s…

the 10s is huge
the 12s good
the 13s don’t balance
the 16s you can bridge terminals and make a small 10-16s BMS…

:thinking: :call_me_hand:t5: :unicorn:

4 Likes

Hold up, they were a dollar a cell from a certain battery vendor. I got 200 and made a back up pack for a non DIY kid. I ‘lost 20 or so’, and then had spares when that website came out and said, might be fake.

Indeed, they are fugazy. 20a continuous draw from a single cell gets hotter than the non-initiated would tolerate (Marshmallow skewer hot :roll_eyes:). Also, clock in at at 2.3ah to 2.7ah for capacity. No markings under 5 cells I stripped naked, and those bitches all have glossy white cathode separators. … they should be matte.

In short, old or fake.

1 Like

USA stock and not too overpriced or lipo so maybe what you are looking for!

I think you are in the USA at least

1 Like

Anyone bought 30 wide nickel from this ali seller in the past? I’m also thinking about buying the 50mm wide since it should be pretty perfect for double stack 21700’s. also did they respond to messages? I asked about faster DHL shipping and got no response. @ZachTetra maybe?

1 Like

They seem legit so far, CS isn’t any good though

1 Like

oof. i guess i don’t need it that fast but I hate waiting a month for stuff.

Ya the wait time sucks, but is what it is. At least it’s cheap

1 Like

@Fosterqc, I probably have to use them in 3S2P configuration to get enough power. I think I’ll just find all my old 3S batteries and hook them up in parallel.

1 Like

oh noes!

I just received my last pack of 10. they are great cells if you have the space for them. I haven’t managed to fit a 12 s pack on a skate tho…

1 Like

I did this with a 12s to turn it into a 7s bms (don’t hate, my old man loves his 7s ebike)

2 Likes

Found a better looking case for Malectrics Spot Welder.

4 Likes

I feel like it shouldn’t be too hard to print out an 8 bay charging dock… :thinking:

1 Like

That looks really fucking good actually. Nearly as good as the kWeld. If I ever switch to LiPos then I will definitely print this. Thanks for the find!

4 Likes

What are your guys thoughts on the way this batt was made? I’m not going to say who made it, just thought of something interesting…

1 Like