BatteryHookup.com are we talking about this?

i was trying to blow up these li-iron cells to see how resilient they are so i knew what precautions i should be taking going forward. a friend drilled through one and that instantly sent it into flames.

they have a safety mechanism ive never seen where if shorted for more than a couple seconds they somehow will greatly reduce the current but show the same voltage…and then after a while they will even come back and be able to produce large currents again when shorted. maybe a thermal fuse or something.

they say we get 120 of hem for $200 but it’s $228

télécharger

3 Likes

factor in the 5% off :wink:

still $216

2 Likes

Dang these look kinda good

1 Like

if I did not have 180+ A123 sitting here I would consider it for sure.

if i still has my onewheel v1 controller I could try them out in a 16S1P config to see if they actually got longer range or just did worse due to sad sag. If so I bet 16S2P would be pretty good.

4 Likes

Except when you have $80 in shipping :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes: and most likely import taxes on top of it

1 Like

If I had the budget for 4-5 boxes I would def give them a big ass try

1 Like

is this perfect or what
or really this one

4 Likes

this looks very interesting, if you bypass discharge on that bms you could get 70 amps continues out of that battery and its just about prefect size for most top mount situations

2 Likes

Honestly that BMS looks pretty standard, I bet bypass would be easy.

22p cells are pretty old though and not great capacity. $100 though

Probably $50+ of shipping

2 Likes

yeah its not the best, but for 100 bucks…that’s a really good budget option. would probably get you close to 15miles on AT tires

2 Likes

True, 12" by 5" isn’t bad either

1 Like

I still want the 26650 K2 batteries :sob::sob: hope they’ll still be available in the next 2/3 weeks ( if I get them I’ll prob do a post for the project I have in mind, that’ll be official if I do get em, not that much related to Esk8 but kinda 🥲)

2 Likes

12S honda insight modules are pretty cool and tiny.

13 wires coming out that’s nice and easy.

5Ah is a little small I guess, they don’t weight a ton though.

3 Likes

the discharge rate compensate for it tho 60c right? You could use them as a spot welder battery even tho you can have lipos for cheaper and the same ratings.

edit: power wheel mod :crazy_face: :joy:?

1 Like

yeah they can disassemble apparently but their construction is really nice so I would want to use one intact at least. Made in vietnam apparently.

Seem good for an ebike maybe.

Would be nice if they color coded the wires instead of using 3 gray, yellow red and green.

bet they are super well matched so I could use without a BMS.

1 Like

seems likes it would be a lil chunky if you use it in the middle of the frame tho, tail rack would fit and possibly good if you want to swap easily

1 Like

lol yeah maybe slightly too wide to go in the mid frame of a regular bike

almost looks like the main + - terminals get attached to the case by this weird bent piece.

huh yeah guess the screws on either side are not connected to the center terminal

wonder what thread that post is too maybe m6?

1 Like

yeaaaah seems more like they might hold the battery together/ be part of the case.

and you can mesure the threads with a caliper top of one thread to the top of the one right after it if it’s metric (wich it should be because ahem ahem international mesurements lol) then easy you should get 1.00 up to 2.75 mm in this case at least, my guess is 1.00mm threads.

1 Like

good idea I measured it, seems to be m6x1mm pitch

1 Like