BatteryHookup.com are we talking about this?

Unfortunately…they’re both poor performing, low capacity, high internal resistance (lots of voltage sag) cells that will be in unknown condition (possibly damaged).

Make sure none of them have dropped below about 2.5V and I recommend not using any of them at higher than about 5A-7A each to prevent huge voltage sag.

Salvaged cells can be used in lots of applications if the cells are removed carefully and then tested but esk8 use can be a rough ride for them.

3 Likes

I agree, for esk8 use, I would stick to brand new cells. And I don’t want to say that, but it is what it is.

4 Likes

For aboard you plan to ride for any length of time at least

is it possible to be more startled than when a cell farts on you?! ?

1 Like

Baby wipes can help with that though.

1 Like

The first one definitely shivered my timbers, not gonna try any more I’m down 4 cells now lol. 13S2P it is?

Reason I pulled it off this one is I had done a bad job taking the tab off and it was like this one but on the positive terminal, all the other positive terminal tabs I took off were cleaner like this pic.

2 Likes

@Fosterqc I have an unmolested case of 12s4p you can have. Are you in LA? I’ll trade for a human’s length or two of widish nickel. If not, save them from spiderwebs anyway.

I pulled holes in a few ends disassembling the first pack I had. The remaining 4s8p survives on to power my spot welder like a champ.

1 Like

I would trade several human lengths of very wide nickel to be there.

and sorry, need to be at least this: :ok_hand:
molested to enter

1 Like

Ohhh, I have an a123 cell pack from batteryhookup. I got confused. Lifepo is kinda chunky for my transport needs. (No offense @b264)

I pulled similar looking holes out of 3 lime green cells removing nickel. Never done that before.

2 Likes

someone on the FB group had mentioned the welds being tough, I wish they had exaggerated a little and I would have not messed with that one even if it had a shoulder short problem I could have bent it up.

I have two of those sitting here unused for some odd reason. Need to change that…

Surprisingly inconsistent welding.

1 Like

Seems like they had two settings for negative and positive, and one was too cranked

1 Like

Even inconsistent on just one end or another. Two welds were great and two were low power.

1 Like

Little late to the party on this one, but its 100% accurate. Sometimes you can find some used cells for a great price that do the job. But there are a few other things to consider - especially if said cells aren’t already loose.

I’ve been running my DWII for 7 months now. In the summer I could get 8ish miles out of a 12s1p SPIM08HP pack on the street. Now with the temps below freezing, I’m lucky to get 5 before the Sag brings me into low voltage cut off territory.

2 Likes

As a heads up, BatteryHookup.com essentially scammed me for $1350+.

I ordered 1000x Tesla Model3 cells in August total, 2x orders of 500 cells. One of those orders came from Batteryhookup and never arrived, my other order from BCH did.

They sent them via Fedex ground, and I was home on the day when they were supposed to show up. Delivery notification was received as I was standing in my living room, no Fedex truck in sight, dogs quiet (they are an overly vigilant alarm, I know of anyone within 10m of my house).

I contacted batteryhookup.com within minutes to let them know that it appeared Fedex had delivered my shipment to the wrong address. They said they would contact Fedex and see what was going on, and suggested I check with my neighbors, which I did to no success.

Week goes by, haven’t heard back, so I contact them again. They ask me to contact Fedex and tell them about the missing package? I called Fedex, sat on hold for an hour, only to be told that the shipper would need to be the one to get any status updates/file a claim (of course).

I contact BatteryHookup again, and they inform me that they’ve put in a ticket to track down the package but that it was completely uninsured & without signature requirement despite being a $1300+ package. They tell me it’ll be a few weeks to hear back from Fedex.

I contact them again asking for an update, nothing. They ghost me for weeks before they finally responded to a 4th or 5th email, which told me to contact my bank and go with purchase protection options. Here’s their last email:

So I did exactly as they suggested, was refunded the full amount- until I found out last week that they disputed the claim and had the full amount reversed and taken from my account once more.

I’ve reached out twice to no response, they’ve completely ghosted me on this despite them admitting fault and telling me they take care of it.

TLDR: Purchased $1350 worth of cells from BatteryHookup.com, they shipped them uninsured & without signature delivery req, Fedex delivered to wrong address, was told by BatteryHookup to file a claim with my bank- they then disputed that claim and have ghosted me since. 4+ months later I am still without any cells and have lost $1350

Buyers Beware.

Bonus Irony:

20 Likes

Damn that fucking blows.

3 Likes

Dang that really sucks. I don’t know if this has happened to anyone else out of all the orders we’ve done there

I wonder if it was one of those stock issues and they couldn’t even replace them

1 Like

Stock or no, they told him to chargeback then disputed his chargeback and ran off with his money. That’s theft regardless of motive.

6 Likes

Yeah that’s ridiculous. I can’t believe you can reverse charge back a charge back

4 Likes