Battery questions.. agai. Backfire G3 or 10s5p DIYE

EBoosted is in Peru, unless he has stock in TX. It kills me that we don’t have a US-based enclosure maker other Psychotiller.

1 Like

Yeah i know. All the enclosures either dont fit or look really bad

1 Like

yeah i said eboosted above

My point was Peru, which also means a shipping charge.

1 Like

true true

I hesitate to give this option, because the guy who makes these (Psychotiller) owes money to a number of people in esk8, but the guy @370HSSV who posted is totally reliable. Only deal with him.

2 Likes

yeah thats not bad. so I sound not go for the backfire one? I could always upgrade the battery in the future but itll be more money in the long run…

the inside of G3 battery enclosure is full of half cut foam pads, and space is limited with the intention of only fitting a 12s2p (directly stacked) cells. any future upgrade using that enclosure maybe be more work than if you go for eboosted/ psycho/ bben enclosures.

thats true, ill probably get a custom battery now that i think about it…

@maxmayer I might be able to get you what you need but you’d be narrowing your options for sure.
I can probably get you a 12s4p nese pack (no BMS) and eboosted Evo enclosure for $350, but I don’t know if I would recommend it for newer builders

Yeah I would rather having the BMS, thanks though

1 Like

Any chance you could add the BMS into it?

I don’t have a BMS sorry :sweat_smile: but honestly though man, what were your plans for a diy? Because if 350 is the budget for the battery and enclosure, what’s the budget for your esc?

I’m not trying to deter you from doing what you want to do, but diy is expensive and frustrating and the exway flex is a great board among others.

FWIW, I already gave him some advice, sent him here, and different pack quotes. He seemed real concerned with getting scammed, so maybe Scept being local will work better for him.

1 Like

As a proud owner of 2 10s5p by DIYE boards.

They aren’t bad. I mean theyre fine packs, but there are MUCH better options.
Super large for a measly 10Ah

1 Like

At what battery percentage do you hit sag? My Diyeboard pack dropped off a cliff after 60%.

2 Likes

I mean I don’t have a real budget, but I would like to save money yk. My ESC is 110 from flipsky (they gave me a discount on alibaba). I don’t want to be scammed but I guess trial and error is part of DIY

1 Like

yeah I encountered that the other day. @pookybear and I got to walk up about a mile of 30% incline -_-

Good to know my packs arent broken. lol I do run 2 of em in parallel which helps.

1 Like

speaking of parallel battery pack, do u mind helping me with this question?

errr probably fine if they sit behind their own charge BMS systems.
But thats just a probably.
If I had a schematic I could be sure.

I would recommend charging them separately to be safe, especially if you already have 2 chargers.
I charge separate. Any reason you want to charge with them connected together?