Battery questions.. agai. Backfire G3 or 10s5p DIYE

Hello again,

I have came to the point where I am pretty confident on 2 batteries: the Backfire G3 Battery Pack and the DIYeBoard 10s5p Battery. I cant choose between the two, they both have pros and cons:

Backfire G3:

• Underglow Lights (idk if they will work tho)
  • USB port for charging remote/whatever
  • 50-70A output Max
  • Comes sealed in a waterproof enclosure (ill need to have 2 on the build, which is what I think I want)
  • Sony Cells
  • 260Wh

DIYeBoard 10s5p

• Comes with enclosure for battery and ESC (ill only need one for my build)
  • Probably more range (12s2p vs 10s5p)
  • Comes with a charger as well, makes the overall price cheaper
  • 50-100A output
  • 360Wh
  • Unknown Cells

I am using a dual 6354 setup with a Dual FS4.2 VESC 100A-300A.

Thanks for all your help recently -Max

1 Like

whatever you do, don’t buy battery from diyeboard. that 10s5p battery is pure shit, you will be much happier with manual longboard than with esk8 equipped with this battery.

where are you from? maybe you can get custom battery (without enclosure) built for same amount of money?

Backfire G3 battery looks okay, but you won’t have great range, if range is what you want.

6 Likes

I tried to get a custom, my parents are not with it. People might scam. I want range but all other batteries are really expensive

1 Like

no, just no

the G3 battery enclosure is longer than other brand like meepo / ownboard…etc. I would suggest if you can’t get a custom battery, go for the ownboard 10s2p samsung 40T battery, but having 2 batteries will be heavy af

2 Likes

Ok i wont, I could do the upgraded Backfire Battery for 346Wh

3 Likes

Get @tinp123
I can vouch he isn’t a scammer and is A really awesome builder

Ok ill check him out, but is the Backfire battery bad?

1 Like

It’s not bad but it isn’t made for diy
It was made for their boards and just isn’t worth it for money

1 Like

hmmm ok, i need a good battery with a good enclosure for 350 max

1 Like

You summed up DIYEboard pretty good.

For real, do not buy that piece. Get a custom made one from one of our users for example. We have vendor trust lists and builders with years of experience.

With the Backfire pack you get what you order. With a custom one you can get a shape whatever you want and customize it to your wishes. If you want a pack in the shape of a dick we probably can do it.

2 Likes

Listen to @tinp123

3 Likes

If you’re from EU i can also recommend @pjotr47, he recently made a 12s6p 30Q for me, and build quality is really great.

4 Likes

@maxmayer for what you pay, backfire, meepo, ownboard batteries are great. Everything comes assembled and ready to use. If you want better, commission a customized pack but that quality will reflect a steep price.

1 Like

I’m not but thanks for the info!

1 Like

Where are you from ? The main issue with custom packs is usually international shipping, so it’s usually better to get one from a local builder. (Also, you should put your location in your profile :wink: )

side note, batteries from BF, meepo, ownboard…etc all comes with charge and discharge BMS

Personally tested BF battery can still brake with full charge, but not sure about the other two

lmaooooo ok, thats funny. I just need to find an enclosure

Yeah ill do that now, Im from New York

What is BF?

Backfire