Bambu Lab X1 Carbon: Info & Discussion (SRO)

Considering I’m the one that made the thread, I will continue shilling for them because it’s just that good

I need to check but I think I’m near 1000 hours with maybe under 5 failed prints due to mostly user error.

Textured plate is the go-to. Recently had some issues with the engineering plate warping and overcoming the magnetic force holding it to the bed, so I need to see if I can figure that out, but PC is pretty hard to print so

With the Bambu you are buying something that is mostly proprietary. However, there are many user tweaks and slight upgrades out there for it, and the community is huge.

Bambu has an excellent service guide and all of the parts are reasonably priced should you need to repair it. By default, it comes with a whole second hotend, so I feel most people will have no need to buy spare parts unless they break it due to user error.

I have done 0 maintenance on mine since I got it last August. I printed too much stuff with VOC’s and it got the lidar camera lens dirty, but that’s not really avoidable.

3 Likes

I just caved and ordered an AMS :grimacing: Note to anyone thinking of getting one… just get the AMS combo unit. Save a hundred bucks and no second guessing it.

4 Likes

Make sure to look around for tuned purge settings, otherwise a lot of material goes to waste when switching filaments

2 Likes

Does this fix it?

2 Likes

Ya - there’s an official instructional too I just literally haven’t gotten to it haha

3 Likes

@ShutterShock i’m noticing that after my p1p has done a tall print and is getting ready for the next one, sometimes the build plate tries to go down when it’s already at the bottom and it sounds like rather than hitting a limit switch, it just skips the belt… is yours the same?

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve had that problem. You took out the shipping plastic right?

I believe so. I’ll ask on the facebook

That Facebook group is toxic as f

The amount of normies with this printer has led to an incredible amount of dumbassery

You may get an answer though just try not to be too negative otherwise you won’t get anything useful out of it

1 Like

I’ve printed Polymaker TPU90 (outside of the AMS) and no issues at all.

3 Likes

Hopefully this stays a safe space. I think the best tip I can offer here is use orca slicer. It’s great for tuning filaments from other brands.

@2xbass ive also printed 83a tpe, 90a, 95a tpu no issues. (External spool, no ams)

1 Like

I hate having to use any FB groups. Discord is a lot easier.

I’ve been using the Bambu PETG CF lately. It’s been fantastic especially on the textured plate. As Ryan mentioned, that plate is fantastic.

I just ordered another AMS and the AMS hub.

3 Likes

Bambu petg cf print.

I wonder if the the PET CF is worth the premium.

6 Likes

I have wondered too. It’s pretty expensive.

I am trying to figure out if there is a solution for doing support filament for the PETG CF. I mistakenly thought that the Support for PA/PET would work for PETG but it says it does not. It does work with the PET CF but PET CF does not work in the AMS. I tried the Support for PA/PET with PA CF and it didn’t go so well and was quite bonded to the PA CF.

Crap, I see they just put a discount on all the CF filaments just today just after I already ordered a bunch. I guess I’m ordering more…

1 Like

This is good information about the various Bambu CF filaments: Bambu Carbon Fiber Filaments

1 Like

I’d like to try some of the CF filaments… no experience with them yet but I’m intrigued. I’ve heard of people using PLA as support for PETG, and vice versa. Haven’t tried that either but sounds interesting.

I tried pla as the interface layer once. It was not successful. Maybe needed more fine tuning on my part. It’s not a “plug and play” solution.

1 Like

So yeah actually I asked about that yesterday on the Bambu Discord and someone mentioned using PLA as a support for PETG which is new to me. My understanding was that while you could use PETG as a support for PLA you couldn’t do it the other way around but this person said it does work the other way around. I’m trying some experiments today and will let you know the results.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I find the various solutions for holding large amounts of resuable dessicant in the AMS to be fantastic plus Bambu did a good job of making the whole unit pretty airtight. I am currently using this Printables in two of my AMS units and it does a fantastic job. Typically measures about 10% RH in there. Meanwhile just outside the units the humidity is about 40%.