Balance wiring criticism/bad examples/questions

Looks fine to me

2 Likes

how dare you doubt youself

4 Likes

Anyone know if this lineup for the BMS balance wires are correct?

Also I have no idea how or where to solder the charge port to the BMS, help will be appreciated💯

1 Like

try watching the video about bms wiring that LEE WRIGHT DIY ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD BUILDER made

2 Likes

Got a lin- never mind I watched the video. I don’t have a battery pack like his, mines are lipos. Soldering the balance wires are easy money, just need to know where the charge port goes

2 Likes

LIPO Charge only Smart BMS wiring Guide

charge port: batt pos, bms power neg. fused

1 Like

Ok, its a DC port. Does it not matter where the wires go or it goes in a certain part?

Could I solder the positive to the battery harness main positive, add my fuse holder in between the negative wire to the BMS power?

2 Likes

You need to connect your charger to the balance port and determine which pin is which with a multimeter. That’s the only sure way of doing it.

Be careful, don’t lick the terminals while the charger is plugged in.

5 Likes

Feels like this coming from experience. :grin:

2 Likes

Ah ok, couldn’t figure out your comment at first but now I know what you mean, wondering if this is how i wire the charge port. Just making sure before I start it this week so I can finish lol

2 Likes

I have the same charge port, middle should be + and outer -

3 Likes

That diagram is for a common port bms, looks like yours is seperate and should look like this. WITH FUSE on positive charge wire (right side)
d9b7d7918dce49ed68dd6ba8eedc68a4a6389cb6

3 Likes

Minus the 3 extra batteries. I got two for my setup. For the balance extenders and balance wires from the BMS harness. Do I still add three wires to the extenders? for example battery 1, I need to have red, white. white, white, that’s 4 including skipping n5, so do I add all of the balance wires? another example (trying to keep it simple as possible) for battery 2, I have to add the same shit, n1, n2, n3, n4, n5. n5 being the black wire. Or I have to do a whole separate configuration since I’m only using two separate lipos? Also another question. Could I splice the positive wire for the charge port to the main positive for the battery harness?

1 Like

I still new to esk8 so you’d need a second opinion

1 Like

Alright. That diagram you sent before is similar to my BMS, most likely will make a thread about my question, might help other people with the same issue I’m having, this is like the only thing stopping me, after this. Few detailing and my board will be done

1 Like

Just saw this video after checking out this thread… some interesting “techniques” used by chi…

6 Likes

:sweat_smile: Believe it or not, thats actually better than i’ve seen in the past

:grimacing: $450 btw

Credit to @TheBoardGarage

11 Likes

Chabuduo.

3 Likes

Dont those packs get really squished into the enclosure by the lid, as well? That seems super un-safe.

3 Likes

Just to be clear, you’re talking about the couple of balance wires that cross over each other without insulation, right? As for the main balance wire runs I’m not sure how else you would do that

I also think that the lid does press quite tightly down but I’ve not built one yet, so who really knows

1 Like