Balance Pro 6.6+ Discussion

I had that idea too! wouldn’t integrate it directly into the rails but the ESC case would be above attach/ to the rail.

Maybe we can open source a Stormcore 100S case that is designed to mount to OW rails.

1 Like

tbf, i respect a guy that clones a trampa product. that’s balls

Moving on, @Enginir i hope you can bring us many things. Please just do one thing
Be Transparent

9 Likes

How about a metal front heatsink for ESC direct airflow instead? And rest stays carbon. With safety wheels at each end to avoid fatal nose dive and less angular design. 70mm Akasha for style. I’m having a pretty picture in mind, would look good!

Add a reliable higher voltage ESC + battery combo, urethane dampers between, and you have a killer OW. Even I’d ride that.

3 Likes

How can a small community vendor like yourself afford a Toyota engineer?

3 Likes

He probably just offered him some food, Toyota Engineers are very LEAN.

15 Likes

I definately hear you out, pint look, pint size, xr range,reserved safety wheel mounting position.

1 Like

Fucking great comment.

2 Likes

lets not be toxic here, I’m tryna be as transparent as possible lol. dank meme welcomed tho

8 Likes

A lot of recent vesc hardware development has trampa equivalents. Nrf, 6 reference design, wand ect… Having a close relationship with Trampa is a win for both parties. I am working on a community version of this design to be released as Gerber’s for people that want to roll their own. PCB Foundries will soon offer double sided assembly.

2 Likes

He designed a vesc6 and post a series of tutorial on how to design a vesc in Altium designer on bilibili(like the Chinese YouTube)https://b23.tv/BV1pv411B7L5 here is the link. I got in touch with him and shared our thoughts, he is now starting a company dedicated to design and manufacture esc and bms in Shenzhen. He resigned just few month ago, actually a lots of vesc variations made in china are designed by him in his spare time, including some 75300s, and weird shaped vescs

. I talked with him about designing a esc for us based on vesc6.6+, specially request that it has the same exact bom and sch to the og v6.6+, he also had this in mind for a while, I immediately sent him a trampa v6.6+ then since he got all the sch already done in AD, the work required to make a new one is simply a new layout of the pcb, he charged a very reasonable price, and the project is done now and under testing and debuging by him.

19 Likes

Beautiful designs way better than the reference design.

3 Likes

I hope we can listen to the community and bring out reliable and properly engineered products, not trying to bad mouth about flipsky, but it doesn’t represent all chinese companies, I met the owner of flipsky, their factory are just nearby, she is a 40+ yr old lady, they have tons of experience on cost down, their company used to make fpv drones, we are z generation in china, we want to build stuff using as high quality parts as possible, something that make people proud and fearless when going 50+ kph on a piece of wood, thats why we stay true to the BOM, for gods sake it’s just 10bucks added to make people smile

21 Likes

looking forward to it, please do make more square ones though :yum:

1 Like

we have dual v6.6+ using the same BOM and sch to trampa v6.6+ coming out for esk8 purpose

13 Likes

it’s gonna be asked, so I’ll be the first, when?

9 Likes

expect it in around 35 days

7 Likes

What improvements did you make to the new balance pro being released in 7days?

1.Single sided smt allows dual side cooling(suggested in irf7749 datasheet)
2. Compact form factor that mounts on aluminum rail so no aluminum enclosure required to save some weight.
3. dimension being 40x100x10mm(imagine dual of this hiding in riser pad and use base plate as heatsink to save weight)

6 Likes

interesting…I would like to see this
how do you feel about stacking them, 2 outter heatsinks and one larger shared heatsink in the middle?

1 Like

its going to be a brand new layout,includes 2 PCB stacking,top one is dual side smt and has all the control modules ,bottom ones will be power stage and single sided smt, with smt aluminum capacitors, then they are joined together using btb cables/connectors. Then enclosed in a very thin cnc made aluminum box.

9 Likes