BAKUGO: New Horizons | Haero Bro | BN GD | 12s7p | Matrix 2

Well well well. It’s time for another build thread! It’s been a little while since I properly made one of these, and this one is going to be one of those “update as you go” threads.

Bakugo is a character from My Hero Academia, an excellent anime. His power is explosions, and it’s what I want this board to be. Explosions of torque and power whenever I reach for it. New Horizons, because I haven’t built a mountainboard yet.

I’m not going to be nearly as detailed in this thread as I was in my SR-71 thread, but I’ll put the interesting things here.

Here are some parts pictures:

I’ll be posting more pictures as I go, but here’s the full parts list:

Deck: Haero Bro Medium Flex
Battery: 12s7p Molicell P42
Bindings: MBS F5
Remote: Hoyt Puck
Motors: Flipsky 6384 battle hardened
Trucks: Matrix 2 Oil Slick
Wheels: MBS Rockstar 2
Tires: MBS T1 for now
Enclosures: Custom 3D printed with inserts
Drivetrain: Boardnamics AT Gear Drive
ESC: DV6 eventually. Right now I had a unity sitting around so I’m using that for the moment
BMS: LLT Smart BMS
Tracking: iLogger

I’m super excited to ride this board, every time I take my hummie build offroad it makes me realize how useful bindings and 8 inch tires could be. I intend to make the battery easily removable so I can swap between lipos and the big battery if I’d like.

Have at it in the comments, this is not a serious thread. :smiley:

27 Likes

Reserved 1

1 Like

Reserved 2

1 Like

Reserved 3

1 Like

Very nice build. What size is that battery enclosure? Looks almost 250mm long, which is a bit too big for most 3d printers. I’ve been eyeballing the Voron 2.4 350mm kits. So sexy.

3 Likes

Nice selection of parts. Definitely going to follow this one!

3 Likes

What’s that arround the motor ?

1 Like

Thank you! Still got some work to do. The enclosure is about 265mm long, printed on my Artillery Sidewinder X1

I am looking in to offering this design for sale at some point, possibly with carbon fiber upper and lower plates. Will depend on interest and whatnot but I would love to be able to do that. I think it looks incredible as is though. Same with the ESC enclosure, which is still in design phase.kji

:smiley:

The motors were temporarily mounted to my other set of Matrix 2 Oil Slicks that have ATC belt mounts JB Welded to them. I will be selling those once I get the motors and all that mounted up to the GD’s

2 Likes

How did you get that texture on the top of the battery enclosure. Is that just the infill poking through a little bit? It looks neat like that- almost like little octagons. Looks like a composite from a distance.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s the full honeycomb infill pattern showing through the top layers. It does look pretty neat

3 Likes

Thats going to be super nice when you get it complete, I love the oil slick trucks & nice work on the box!

2 Likes

Thanks man! Gonna post more pics soon, got the gear drives installed last night with Kevin

1 Like

Maybe @janpom can help you with that, he has some experience

/s

This build looks great, hopefully, I get to see it at Carve PDX this year!

4 Likes

Wow that is harsh haha

Kevin was just telling me about that yesterday, I will have to see if that will be possible! Portland tickets are expensive and I’m going in June for a friend’s wedding, so not sure if I can, but I’ll look into it. Still haven’t been to an organized esk8 event

1 Like

LOL. I hope I won’t be gaining any more experience on this particular matter.

6 Likes

The real question is if I can buy that purple DaVega from you :wink: @janpom

2 Likes

I read the title and knew I’d appreciate the visual aspects of your build. Cannot name a board Bakugou without it having flares!

And that’s a nice printed enclosure you got out of your Sidewinder, Artillery team assemble ! :grin:

2 Likes

Haha yeah I need to figure out what the best way would be to integrate something Bakugo-like. I was thinking some lighting effects or something interesting like that. Maybe some EL wire in a special design?

Any ideas @Vanarian?

Thank you! I’m fully expecting to break this one (maybe), but V2 will be even better.

2 Likes

This would definitely give it an edge, maybe try add Grenade patterns somewhere? As X thingies on top of baseplate mounts for example, with the lines flashing orange red?

2 Likes

Ooh grenades are a great idea, design like his arm gear. Maybe I can incorporate grenades into the 3D printed lids with lighting

I suppose I may have a DaVega on the front though so might make X thingies hard to incorporate

1 Like