MBS Seeking More Testers

I am currently “testing” the smallest wheels you can ride on a mountain board!!!

It’s fun.

Hasn’t killed me yet…

12 Likes

I don’t think there is anyone else jumping stairs like that.

Insane!!!

3 Likes

@poastoast (US) can break anything from Tomiboi rims to Tesla rims, recommendeth

7 Likes

Lots of great riders and builders already reccomended.

I’ll add in @ShutterShock as a builder whose worked on different types of boards / parts, and is a good rider/racer/guy all round. A plus is his videos/youtube.

I’ll throw my hat in as well as a novice racer (podiumed at esk8con24), and as Exway Canada’s race technician/racer. (I’m technically in Canada, but 20 minutes away from Detroit, which is where I get things shipped)

2 Likes

@Tasventouras and @JeffyJ if you don’t want the northern hemisphere having all the fun

5 Likes

Thanks for the shout!

I’ve always been a huge proponent of MBS bindings, they’re the comfiest around. Been using mine on my mountainboard since 2021 and they’re still great, never worried about them breaking or anything, even when I continuously lift my board with them.

I have not broken bindings at all, so if you’re looking for someone to specifically break them, I don’t really know how I’d manage that lol - I don’t WANT them to break

I’ve also got one binding on the front of my raceboard, which I’ve been running since early 2023, and that one sees way more stress than the ones on my mtb, being most of the way cranked down, and then getting stretched out a lot while racing.

There’s my build thread / videos for that one. I also have a build thread for my mtb but I haven’t posted much in it. I’ve done other videos with it though, newbee gear drive install, apex airs review, the whole DIRT series, blah blah.

However, it has appeared in various youtube videos including this one:

Anyways, I’ll put some more pics in here of my boards from my phone later!

P.S. I’m not really trying to sell the content aspect of it too much here, but that just happens to be where I’ve documented a lot of the build. There’s also some other pics of it on my instagram, @rbe_motion

I have a Colab deck that I picked up from Tom that I want to build out, as well as a nazare. Still working on plans for the nazare, might copy @Shadowfax

Edit: +1 for Poast

6 Likes

Always happy to try break some stuff

10 Likes

+1 for @poastoast

2 Likes

Ryan had all that typed out and ready :joy:

+1 for cinnamon poast crunch

+1 for broccolini

+1 for @BenjaminF

+1 for @Evwan

4 Likes

+1 for @poastoast

Ive seen him do some unholy things

4 Likes

Man im retired. No more test dummy

Just a dummy then?

You know it

Definitely not me :sweat_smile:

Definitely @Yeahthatperson and @poastoast for sure :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

I would like to throw my name out there, i have an emtb waiting on a battery, i may have a spare battery depending on what i decide for that board, i am in toronto, canada. We got shit roads, shit sidewalks, and shit winter. I am planning on hitting the pump track with my emtb once finished. And i have broken the 270s that i had on my thane previously just from what i would consider pretty regular riding, and my current ones have bowed and are just waiting to snap on a sidewalk bump. I go to work and back daily on my current, and ride regularly during the weekend in the summer. Destroyed my backfire from riding all weather, and am hoping my build in progress will be capable of really riding all season.

I feel like i would be able to break more yet i dont want to have to buy myself replacement parts :sweat_smile:

May be wishful thinking, but hoping to pull of a treaded esk8 that lasts longer than the ungoverned :sweat_smile: and being sent shit to stress and try to break sounds rather exciting

Also since im in canada, if i break myself testing some shit i got freeish healthcare :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Fully agree with Al here. Honestly, total miles is probably just as important as riding hard for beta testing stuff like this. Yes, someone who absolutely thrashes their shit is a great candidate to break stuff in interesting ways, but someone who puts an order of magnitude more miles on their gear is doing a very different and very useful kind of wear-testing.

5 Likes

Haha I didn’t actually, I hadn’t opened the thread yet until lunch when windsor @ me, been busy!

2 Likes

OMG, this is the best! So great to see so many people straight up pushing boundaries. I’ll give a bit more time for late entries, but it seems like shortlist is pretty clear so far. Probably won’t be straight away because things are a bit busy at the moment, but at some point we’ll start some conversations.

7 Likes

I’m curious… (Assume we are talking about spring/summer/fall, AKA “riding season” in your area)

How many days per week do you ride, on average?

0 voters

How many miles per week do you ride, on average?
  • <10mi (<16km)
  • 10~20mi (16~32km)
  • 20~30mi (32~48km)
  • 30~40mi (48~64km)
  • 40~50mi (64~80km)
  • >50mi (>80km)

0 voters

1 Like

This question totally depends on the season. In the winter… zero. Spring through Fall, 3-4x per week.

6 Likes