AVS Race N Ride - Nov 2022

hah you beat me. :slight_smile: thanks for reading the materials. :slight_smile:

I know that open is well open :rofl: Just didn’t think I needed to specifically mention it is all

Also to be fair I did read everything in this topic/post but just didn’t click the links. Interesting to see that euc is more popular with women though since the one thing I didn’t read is all the results/ winners so I missed that bit of info.

1 Like

ah, forgive me. we’ve had a few people conclude if there’s a women’s, then the other one is the men’s. so i’ve gotten that part of the question a bit. just not from you this time. :wink:

the stuff above in the thread was last feb winners, someone asked about before the event.

yesterday’s winners still need a post. they did hit instagram tho.

:slight_smile: yah. no worries. just complementing @ARCTIC

2 Likes

Photogropher: Matthew Christoph

19 Likes

Awesome shots! That 4wd SRB looks beeeeaaaasssst

4 Likes

ESK8 pro drone footage:

7 Likes

That’s awesome. Looks like Ruxx is fast but Brady is smooth and smooth is fast. Ruxx seems to suffer a lot more wobbles. Damn, interesting.

3 Likes

there were some interesting bumps on the track. taken at speed if you pick the right line you get through a lot smoother. pick the wrong one… and you’re dealing with it wobbling around and slowing down.

3 Likes

Yes it is. :slight_smile:

as @jack.luis put it, EUC is having its moment, ESK8 had its moment back in the boosted days. But i think we can become a permanent force.

8 Likes

I always let them know that the fastest time was set by a board :smirk:

7 Likes

Yeah I noticed on Brady’s on board footage there was more dirt on the track than I would’ve thought. So, I can only imagine also having to dodge that too and going at high speeds. Especially if it gets thrown on track from other events.

2 Likes

The track was cleaned up and then also hand swept. but I think that turn 2 somehow got a lot more debris on it. if you took it wider than right at the apex you slid. Which i very much do in that video. it’s annoying because most of the time i warmed up and in qualifiers i didn’t do that wide.

2 Likes

Ah so that’s you in second there in the beginning? Yeah I can see that slide out now, wondered what happened there. Damn gotta be frustrating.

1 Like

4 Likes

The new meta in downhill skateboarding is actually adding weights under the board to help with drifting and stability.
I think it definitely makes more sense to categorize based off weight rather than gender imo.
Wish I could have made it out, crazy how many more EUC riders there were than ESK8.

3 Likes

Like a battery? :nerd_face:

2 Likes

photo album by: @s_m_L_s_

photo album by: @just_amps

photo album by Matthew Christoph ( i picked out most of the esk8 ones above. ):

got a couple more photographers out there too i’m hoping to get more photos from.

feel free to pick out and post your favorites in this thread. ( or elsewhere, but tag the photographers)

4 Likes

3 Likes

Lol they’ll use whatever they can get :rofl: i’ve seen some pretty random metal scraps screwed to the underside of decks :rofl:

Hahahaha @Zachsnotboard perfect timing

5 Likes

Yeah the last two “world championships” they recently had, all kinds of crazy things going on with their boards lol

4 Likes