AVS Race N Ride - Nov 2022

Looking to make it out next year, is it always around the same time?

1 Like

we did februrary and november this year. idk what plans are going forward.

1 Like

Hoyt van is coming! Demos for days.

6 Likes

Looking good😎

2 Likes

6 Likes

Happy Race Day!
Fall AVS Race ‘n’ Ride
Brought to you by;
Electric Board Sports Alliance.
Good luck to all competitors :checkered_flag:

4 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

So fast!!

3 Likes

@hoytkid this you?

2 Likes

That’s mah boyyyy :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Seeing all these photos of people getting together and riding makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Im so excited for my first build to be done so i can meet up with other esk8rs in the UK :grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

ESK8 pro class finals. pretty decent view thanks to @Mbrady’s wife.

6 Likes

@Mbrady wasn’t kidding Ruxx is fast on that straight. Makes me more curious about the corners though and how each performed there. That aerial view would be nice. Now I’m thinking how cool it would’ve been for some F1 overlay with speeds, braking, and acceleration telem.

4 Likes

a bit of @MetroLinkX4’s (ron’s) racechrono idk what lap this is or if it’s practice. i think the racer’s bumped 50mph(80kph) on the straight so maybe practice?

5 Likes

1 Like

That’s dope. Looks like the GPS is a bit off though unless he did ride through the dirt as a shortcut lol

2 Likes

Yah. He has a fancy gps too. I think it’s some app setting. “Roger EUC” had one that was also more rounded and said something about settings. @davidbonde might know more.

2 Likes

I’m guessing this is normally an outdoor kart track? How long is that 3 lap race in terms of mileage? Do people optimize their battery pack just for length? Do people care to warm up their tires?

1 Like

it’s a drift track. 0.8mi (1.28km) 3 laps is 2.4mi (3.84km)

Brandon Torgerson cares about the weight, and only runs 4 lipos. 4.6lbs (2.09kg) 576wh

i run 6 lipos 6.9lbs (3.13kg) 864wh. I can feel the lightness underfoot on the 4 lipo setup a diff of only 2.3lbs (1.04kg) idk if i care. but i have to run 6s because i’m heavier and get more sag.

@Mbrady had a 8s15p p42a pack built. i estimated 18.5lbs ( 8.4kg ) 1814wh and didn’t seem to care about the weight.

I think shedding weight can matter, but the differences in competition are so varied, that it’s lost int he noise.

people do warm up their tires. I can’t tell personally if it helps. but others will say it does.

3 Likes