AVS Race N Ride - Nov 2022

Yeah I noticed on Brady’s on board footage there was more dirt on the track than I would’ve thought. So, I can only imagine also having to dodge that too and going at high speeds. Especially if it gets thrown on track from other events.

2 Likes

The track was cleaned up and then also hand swept. but I think that turn 2 somehow got a lot more debris on it. if you took it wider than right at the apex you slid. Which i very much do in that video. it’s annoying because most of the time i warmed up and in qualifiers i didn’t do that wide.

2 Likes

Ah so that’s you in second there in the beginning? Yeah I can see that slide out now, wondered what happened there. Damn gotta be frustrating.

1 Like

4 Likes

The new meta in downhill skateboarding is actually adding weights under the board to help with drifting and stability.
I think it definitely makes more sense to categorize based off weight rather than gender imo.
Wish I could have made it out, crazy how many more EUC riders there were than ESK8.

3 Likes

Like a battery? :nerd_face:

2 Likes

photo album by: @s_m_L_s_

photo album by: @just_amps

photo album by Matthew Christoph ( i picked out most of the esk8 ones above. ):

got a couple more photographers out there too i’m hoping to get more photos from.

feel free to pick out and post your favorites in this thread. ( or elsewhere, but tag the photographers)

4 Likes

3 Likes

Lol they’ll use whatever they can get :rofl: i’ve seen some pretty random metal scraps screwed to the underside of decks :rofl:

Hahahaha @Zachsnotboard perfect timing

5 Likes

Yeah the last two “world championships” they recently had, all kinds of crazy things going on with their boards lol

4 Likes

Hahahaha that’s a proper body kit :rofl:

Google Photos
Google Photos
Classic

@s_m_L_s_

3 Likes

dislocated shoulder. :frowning:

IG stories, so link is gonna fade by tomorrow but he popped it back in. told the medics what and when to do it.

2 Likes

Awww eff, guess picture doesn’t make it look that bad

1 Like

I’m worried about overheating my tires, because pushing very hard in the corners is where I’m fastest, and it takes a lot from the tires. I don’t warm my tires, and I was trying to meter my tire usage through the 3 laps. Clearly I left too much on the table in lap 1 cuz Ruxx was right there to make the race quite interesting and fun. By the end of the 3rd lap I had killed my right rear tire. It was enough to finish on tho, but that tire is gone.

5 Likes

Can you elaborate for us mortals? Did the tire melt?

1 Like

+1 I’m assuming not enough grip left but what does that look like

Maybe it wore down enough that it started hitting plastic?

Idk but on my hollow wheels one track day took off like 1.5mm of diameter lol

I over heated the tires, and it looses its form, and becomes wobbly and not round anymore. Over heated and started becoming noticeable in the middle of the 3rd lap.

3 Likes

Pics?

1 Like