AVS Race N Ride - Nov 2022

“We wish to encourage more women’s participation for those women who wish to level up in a less testosterone filled field there will be a women’s only subdivision.
Women are still free to also race in the open division”

Something tells me there will be a pace difference if you look at the results so it just gives them their own section to also race in.

2 Likes

Open

The main race is the Open subdivision, it is open to any participant.

Women’s

We wish to encourage more women’s participation. For those women who wish to level up in a less testosterone filled field there will be a women’s only subdivision. Women are free to also race in the open division.

Women’s esk8 was not run, only 2 participants, they ran in the open. (we gave them 1st and 2nd place women’s medals based on finishing positions in the open)

Women’s EUC was run, had 7 participants. 5 of which also ran in the open division

4 Likes

hah you beat me. :slight_smile: thanks for reading the materials. :slight_smile:

I know that open is well open :rofl: Just didn’t think I needed to specifically mention it is all

Also to be fair I did read everything in this topic/post but just didn’t click the links. Interesting to see that euc is more popular with women though since the one thing I didn’t read is all the results/ winners so I missed that bit of info.

1 Like

ah, forgive me. we’ve had a few people conclude if there’s a women’s, then the other one is the men’s. so i’ve gotten that part of the question a bit. just not from you this time. :wink:

the stuff above in the thread was last feb winners, someone asked about before the event.

yesterday’s winners still need a post. they did hit instagram tho.

:slight_smile: yah. no worries. just complementing @ARCTIC

2 Likes

Photogropher: Matthew Christoph

19 Likes

Awesome shots! That 4wd SRB looks beeeeaaaasssst

4 Likes

ESK8 pro drone footage:

7 Likes

That’s awesome. Looks like Ruxx is fast but Brady is smooth and smooth is fast. Ruxx seems to suffer a lot more wobbles. Damn, interesting.

3 Likes

there were some interesting bumps on the track. taken at speed if you pick the right line you get through a lot smoother. pick the wrong one… and you’re dealing with it wobbling around and slowing down.

3 Likes

Yes it is. :slight_smile:

as @jack.luis put it, EUC is having its moment, ESK8 had its moment back in the boosted days. But i think we can become a permanent force.

8 Likes

I always let them know that the fastest time was set by a board :smirk:

7 Likes

Yeah I noticed on Brady’s on board footage there was more dirt on the track than I would’ve thought. So, I can only imagine also having to dodge that too and going at high speeds. Especially if it gets thrown on track from other events.

2 Likes

The track was cleaned up and then also hand swept. but I think that turn 2 somehow got a lot more debris on it. if you took it wider than right at the apex you slid. Which i very much do in that video. it’s annoying because most of the time i warmed up and in qualifiers i didn’t do that wide.

2 Likes

Ah so that’s you in second there in the beginning? Yeah I can see that slide out now, wondered what happened there. Damn gotta be frustrating.

1 Like

4 Likes

The new meta in downhill skateboarding is actually adding weights under the board to help with drifting and stability.
I think it definitely makes more sense to categorize based off weight rather than gender imo.
Wish I could have made it out, crazy how many more EUC riders there were than ESK8.

3 Likes

Like a battery? :nerd_face:

2 Likes

photo album by: @s_m_L_s_

photo album by: @just_amps

photo album by Matthew Christoph ( i picked out most of the esk8 ones above. ):

got a couple more photographers out there too i’m hoping to get more photos from.

feel free to pick out and post your favorites in this thread. ( or elsewhere, but tag the photographers)

4 Likes

3 Likes