AVAILABLE NOW - Introducing the BKB Duo! The most versatile electric skateboard kit ever created šŸšØ

This! Also if you havenā€™t ridden a boosted or flexible deck shape like this, I feel like itā€™s not fair to say itā€™s not good.

I personally really like how the vanguard rides, no itā€™s not a 30mph deck obviously but it feels nice and itā€™s forgiving on new riders

7 Likes

The forum is definitely more on the enthusiast level. But honestly, everyone Iā€™ve met riding a diy in philly has been to this site or the old one. Thatā€™s data that would lead this decision, whether most kit buyers in the past were current esk8 owners upgrading or first timers.

My real world experience is when people on boosted or other mainstream boards see most of the DIY decks and wheels they wet their pants.

4 Likes

But I believe the main purpose is sales right? This is definitely the deck that new or inexperienced esk8ers get. This is like the gateway drug for soooo many people. And we all know that the marijuana industry is BOOMING

2 Likes

That explains totally were that stain on my pants came from.

I always thought the boosted deck and itā€™s clones looked like Condoms.
I canā€™t be the only one.

2 Likes

Condoms ?

1 Like

What?? like the tip? :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

I mean I went 31 on my old boosted :joy:

Itā€™s sketchy lol the flex makes it feel really uneasy imo

I mean your not wrong loll I did it in just a bathing suit too lol

1 Like

Oh god lol

College life I guess :crazy_face:

1 Like

I mean I probably hit 30 on my campus a few times but not in a bathing suit. Anyway, my point was that the vanguard deck shape is still good.

Also the difference in ground clearance between that and a falcon is immense

1 Like

Bathing suit skating :love_you_gesture:t3: Iā€™ve been there, very fun if you donā€™t fall :rofl:

1 Like

Exactlyyyyy :grin:

Youā€™re not. TeamGeeā€™s H20 deck shape is even worse.

4 Likes

Itā€™s ironic but I feel like a lot of TeamGee riders are virgins

6 Likes

Well I hope 12 year olds are.

6 Likes

I think there are still plenty of fans of this deck shape. I own an analog Vanguard Flex 3 and it is a wonderful deck. For a person my size (6ā€™1" and 240lbs) I prefer a 42" platform. I have a 42" Magneto Bamboo Cruiser (10S4P, dual belt drive) that I really enjoy riding. If I decide to build another flexy bamboo ESK8 I would probably order a Vanguard Flex 1 or 2. I cannot tell from the pics how this deck would compare, but it looks to have similar concave and camber which I view as a positive thing and at 42.5" it should provide a little extra stability at speed.

I agree 100% with the comments that the enclosure would look much better matte black.

Having all of the electronics plus a 3P battery in the single rear enclosure leaves open the possibility of installing a separate battery enclosure at the front. However, I think wiring it in parallel and routing the deck for the connecting wires would be more challenging what the typical BKB consumer would want to undertake. It would be cool though.

Personally, I love carving hills and I cannot get the range I want on 110mm wheels with only 3P of 30Q. However, this is still a cool product and it looks like it will be solid competition for the mid-tier pre-builts like the ExwayFlex. Good luck with sales @BuildKitBoards!

1 Like

Valid concerns but I think you may be combining sets of expectations for different customer bases.

Obviously this kit is specifically going after the exway flex, and similar(backfire zealot, wowgo 3x, ownboard w2, etc.), customer base and not the DIY crowd.

I think this kit has some very clear advantages over those brands listed but also isnā€™t competing with the high powered DIY builds in this forum.

2 Likes