AVAILABLE NOW - Introducing the BKB Duo! The most versatile electric skateboard kit ever created šŸšØ

We donā€™t know either :rofl:

4 Likes

You know putting batman stickers on a deck ainā€™t diying the shit out of it right

4 Likes

Uhh actually, I was gonna change out the bearings to some Bones Reds :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

cough cough zealous is better cough

4 Likes

Ah crap. Ok. Never mind then.
Looking forward to seeing it once itā€™s all done brother :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Donā€™t zealous have those extra warts stuck to the sides of them like someone accidentally got the spacers welded there. better to use real bearings. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :trolleybus:

They are the best, no fucking with spacers and washers

1 Like

just get boosted. the bearings are already installed. no fā€™n with any of that silly DIY stuff. :stuck_out_tongue: /s

1 Like

Haha touche

1 Like

this should not be

1 Like

I fucking love zealous. I havenā€™t done any maintenance on mine since i got them in july 2018. Countless of rides through rain, snow, mud. Basically every possible season you could throw at them and they
still roll forever.

2 Likes

sold. Iā€™m gonna upgrade the boosted with with some Zealous. and a batman sticker. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget your orange nipples! Most important part of any DIY

1 Like

Might look into Zealous, decided to go a drop-through for my second board instead though.

Much like my very first esk8 the Evolve BGT but better, so the Duo didnā€™t make the cut.

GLWS though Jared, itā€™s still a very excellent and adaptable entry into the market.

2 Likes

Zealous steel or ceramic?

Steel of course

3 Likes

Real quick review on the BKB Duo kit. Iā€™ll be working on a video review tomorrow where I talk about itā€™s performance, possible improvements for beginning DIY and intermediate DIY, etc.

• Itā€™s super fucking long like wtf? I didnā€™t measure it but itā€™s about 40 inches. Longer than my Evo.
  • Yup. Itā€™s a glossy ABS enclosure.
  • Everything is included in the kit and all very easy to assemble. Itā€™s mind-nimbingly easy.
  • Deck is super flexy. I hate the yellow color. Comes with clear griptape. Very slight concave and the enclosure is bolted through instead of having inserts (which is a good call for this flex of a deck)
  • FSESC dual 4.20 is already paired with the VX1 remote

Hereā€™s some photos of the internals after itā€™s all put together

10 Likes

Flipsky 4.2 is reliable? genuine question, iā€™ve only heard one other opinion on this and he wasnt too fond of it. iā€™m just looking for something for budget builds so

1 Like

I have about 3 builds running on the dual 4.20+ and I havenā€™t run into issues though many others will disagree. But the general consensus is that itā€™s probably best to keep it under 30A

Keep in mind: itā€™s never my first choice dual ESC but it works

3 Likes

I would suggest Maker-X over Flipsky for a budget setup.

2 Likes