AVAILABLE NOW - Introducing the BKB Duo! The most versatile electric skateboard kit ever created 🚨

I just wanted to start by thanking everyone for their support! Tayto kits will not stay in stock, and we are doing our best to catch up with demand. With that said, we have been working on something exciting, that will be in stock ready to ship by 8/1/2020 (no pre-orders)!

Full info: ridebkb.com

Introduing the BKB Duo

The kit includes all of the necessary parts, tools, and information required to assemble your own high performance DIY electric skateboard!

VESC Based Motor Controller: this allows you to customize exactly how the board rides. Switching remotes, motors, batteries, etc has never been easier! It also allows you to tune the acceleration/brake curve exactly how you want. We send it stock with an aggressive curve, meaning you can quickly get up to speed and smoothly stop just as fast. However, if your a more casual rider, you can change a few settings to have a boosted like throttle response. This is only a brief mention of what the VESC is capable of, there is so much more!

Dual 3000W Motors: Our dual 3000W motors provide a maximum of 6000W at peak power. Needless to say, you’ll have plenty of power to beat any Chinese board off the line, and climb any hill you can find.

Modular Drivetrain: Our drivetrain is designed in house, and is completely modular. You can use hundreds of different wheel types. The board will come stock with Flywheel pulleys, so any wheel with a genuine/clone flywheel core will work (ABEC11, Cloudwheels, etc). With a swap of wheel pulleys you can use any wheel with a Kegel core (Otang, Hyperdrive, Boa’s, TB110, etc). We have also designed a 6" Pneumatic wheel that is easily swapped and allows you to go over much more rugged terrain. All of this can be swapped in and out in less than 4 minutes.

Tru-Flex Deck: We took special consideration when designing the deck. A lot of our customer modify the boards to go 40+ mph, so it needs to be stable at speed. Our Tru-Flex deck will be stable at these speeds and will return to center quickly after going over an obstacle. This means that the board will flex downwards, upwards, and then return to center (not modulate up and down). We will also have two flex levels for riders over 240lbs.

Bluetooth Programming & Live Metrics: We will provide a bluetooth module with all kits that allow you to view real-time data, track rides, check battery voltage, etc. You can also use this to wirelessly program the VESC (capabilities mentioned above). There are iOS, Apple Watch and Android apps available (not designed by us). Xmatic for iPhone and VESC Tool for Android.

Accessories: Since most of the board is completely modular we will have many different accessories available. These include: 105mm Cloudwheels, 120mm Cloudwheels, 6in Pneumatic Tires, Kegel Wheel Pulleys, ShredLights, 40mph+ Speed Kit, Belt Guards, Riptide Bushings, and a few more are in the works! We are also doing things a little different, and will not be doing pre-orders for this kit. So, it will only be available when it is in stock and ready to ship!

NOW WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Help us spread the word about the BKB Duo and earn $50 cash for every person you refer! It’s great, because they get $50 off too! We don’t do any paid marketing and rely solely on word of mouth.

You can sign up here: https://buildkitboards.com/pages/referral-program#

I really think that for little bit of extra money you are getting soo much more! 25% larger battery, VESC ESC, USA Customer Support, and NO WAIT!

More info: www.ridebkb.com

45 Likes

This look great, I cant wait to see the AT wheels.

5 Likes

Will this be replacing the current kits or is it just its bigger brother?

Sending some friends my referral code now.

4 Likes

Is there an option to buy the kit minus the battery and ESC?

3 Likes

outstanding!
Other vendors, take notes…

9 Likes

Nice Tires.

29 Likes

Did you consult evolve about this comparison? Lmao

11 Likes

What vesc are they running? Dies anyone know?

5 Likes

Any real life photos of the deck? Or are you still designing / tweaking things?

Btw I really like that you advertise the range based on the wheel choice. :+1:

6 Likes

Tayto is not going anywhere! It will be a big brother, little brother situation.

7 Likes

There is not, it complicates stock too much, and you would need a specific battery layout anyway.

3 Likes

Please give the reddit post a read and some love :heart:

Exway*

Unless you’re talking about another comparison…

1 Like

Still very interested! Been wanting a light board for casual rides so expect an order from me!

Any blemished product for a discount? :wink:

3 Likes

You’re too young lad… I’m not wrong…

6 Likes

Flipsky 4.20 Plus running on 10S it is very reliable

7 Likes

I only have prototypes here that have extra holes in the deck, and the trucks stick out the end of the board. Production deck will be much nicer.

8 Likes

Jared.
Looks cool.
Good luck once again.
What is the battery you will be using on these?

5 Likes

I’m guessing 10s3p 30Q, we know its 10s because FS and the watt hour listing adds up to that

5 Likes

I just noticed your nickname lols nice

1 Like