Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Yes, mine do usually.

Whats the name of the hover board charging port? The one with 3 pins but only 2 are connected

3p at 45A/cell is 135A, each pin of an XT60 is 60A rated, so using both pins of an XT60 will be rated for 120A of the 135A of the pack…which is probably close enough

1 Like

30Q cells are rated for 15A each, so 60A for a 4p pack, and both sides of an XT30 add up to 60A as well…40T cells are rated for double and therefore need a double rated connector in the same style

And we run 120A through XT90s…these are all just suggested values, not hard limits

I mean you can use XT30s on the 10s30p 40T pack, it’ll work but it’ll get hella toasty after a bit…it’d be safer to go to the next size up

If you’re trying to get it through airport security then it would be worth it

I was in a beta test with the guy who did that pack. I dont recall a bad outcome due to not seeing a fire thread or hearing of it flaming. Fwir he had good success with how it was built.

When I plug my board in the focbox no longer lights up?

And nothing works anymore but the reciver, did I break it?

Wires are usually 22 awg with plastic insulation, BesTech may use silicone but I doubt it

@anon54720240 I’ve been selling this for over a year, and not one customer has ever asked what gauge wire the balance connector is, come the fuck on.

It’s so fucking hard to list useless information on the website because IT DOSNT MATTER.

P.S. I just thought I would respond to your statement in the same format you used :blush:

2 Likes

GX16-3

2 Likes

Hey everyone!

Not that much esk8 related but…

I’m currently on the hunt for a SMD soldering hot air gun and I’ve been specifically looking on this.

Before I buy it, I would appreciate if anyone had any experiences with it, or if it’s a go or no-go.

Literally any help is appreciate :slight_smile:

So im a pneumatics noobie…What is the general consensus on psi for bergmeister tires and 6x2 tires?

It’s on Timo’s side for the bergmeisters under specs.

max. 85 psi or 5,86 bar inflation, but to be honnest I run mine currently at 4 - 5 bar and that is more than enough. I would start with maybe 60 psi.

Whooups. It actually says on the bergmeisters max. inflation 60 psi for the bermeisters … I guess the rims are speced up to 85 psi then.

Saw this today:

Does anyone have any experience with it?

Only change I’d make is adding a finger hole up top, but I could prolly get use to it the way it is. I’ve got a VESC 4.20 from Flipsky and am also curious if it would work with this remote.

How do I do it exactly? Screenshot please?

1 Like

There you go.

1 Like

and some of them just use straight up XLR microphone connectors, that’s what i was using on my boards for a while until recently when i switched to a laptop style charge port.

It’s a lovely remote, the Bioboards just started using them so i got to retrofit a customer’s board with one last night and test it out. It’s soooo lovely and has three speed modes, a dotted fuel guage programmable to 12S, and fits well in your hand and the throttle feels good. I may start using them. They feel more premium than the maytechs and based on their construction they can probably take a beating. I have no idea how well they resist interference though. I think @maner may have tried them out too.

5 Likes

Have you ever tried the Hobbywing ESC with the proprietary remote? That’s what I am comparing this remote to. It’s an upgrade compared to the Nano X, but still not Hobbywing level. The VX1 flashes when loosing signal, the Hobbywing vibrates, who is monitoring the led’s while riding? The battery gauge on the Hobbywing will display after you hit a button, saves a lot of battery and makes it stealthy. Also the casing, the finish is nice but on the light side.
I feel like you and @mmaner have the powers to convince them to improve a little more!
Don’t get me wrong I am using it and liking it, it’s close but still not there.

1 Like

Ive tried the FlipSky Nano, I was impressed with it. Performance is great, the case could use some work, its not perfect. I have a couple of VX1’s in bound, I’ll post up when I get a chance to try it.

2 Likes