Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

i think that defeats the purpose of lowballin @okashira

amirite @TheMrLarin?

That being the case, Trampa VESC 6 MKIV:

5 Likes

Yeah, donā€™t put ultimate trucks on themā€¦ Thatā€™d be bad.

all i see is a Acceleration decrease bar and its set to 15%

Use a few speed rings, problem solvedā€¦

1 Like

yup kinda does

1 Like

What settings would i have to use to make a ā€œbrake onlyā€ mode. Motor settings 0 but brake something?

Basically that throttle does jack shit and only brakes work.

1 Like

Wonderful idea!!!
No, really!
I just lost one speed ring in my garden xD
Some spares would definitely not hurt.

You gonna just ride around with a half charged battery?

Iā€™d be interested in a push board with only brakes hooked up to a massive heat sink to dump the braking amps. You could use a freewheel motor setup so that you have minimal push resistance but still have some brakes.

I imagine you could have a much smaller battery as well since you arenā€™t discharging it. I wonder how much a rheostatic brake could runoff the extra braking amps though.

No sorry, shouldā€™ve expanded it. Itā€™s a police measure.

That if i get caught i have multiple options. Zoom off and risk a muuuuch more trouble, set my board to below the set 6km/h limit (not sure if i still can get i trouble)

or just make the board be able to brake. That if i get caught standing, in cruising in pushable speed i can tell them its a brake assist. Iā€™m learning to ride a longboard but iā€™m not confident enough for brakes, especially on hills. So the only thing my board can do is brake (like the remote mod i did, just with my vesc driven boards)

That kind of brake only.

1 Like

Yeah I understand but if youā€™re using a remote controlled electrical brake, that energy has to go somewhere.

Unless you mean a physical brake that is remote controlled?

No just the standard electrical brake. Itā€™s just going to switched on if the police stops me or confiscates my board to check my claims.

Only for those situations that if they test my board it literally can just brake like i told them.

1 Like

Ah so you still want to be able to use it normally otherwise. I wish all remotes had programmable speed modes built in.

1 Like

yes, the board stays the same. I just apply a Metr mode and its unable to accelerate, just brake. Once the popo is gone i apply my normal mode and its back to normal.

Limiting speed doesnā€™t work due to the motor starting to cog. Motor amps at 0?

1 Like

Try motor amps 1 and see if it goes away if motor amps 0 doesnā€™t work

Will do.

One thing i noticed is that the nano remote somehow changed.

Back when i bought it i had to recalibrate it each time i turned it off. IF i turned it off i had to restart the board otherwise it wouldnā€™t connect anymore.

But now i donā€™t have to calibrate the remote and it connects automatically after being turned off for 10 minutes?? How?

I have no idea. Mine didnā€™t need the throttle flick up and down to connect the few times I used it but I didnā€™t have it long

Iā€™ve set it to 1A but you could hear the motor trying to work. If you spun the wheel and pushed the throttle fully it did a few very slow turns. Iā€™ve set it to 0.1A and that seems to work, brake still brakes.

Next is to test it in RL

2 Likes

Sorry as this probably deserves to be in the noob question threadā€¦ my new build will be a 12s emtb with lipo batteries (still unsure which)ā€¦ I have a 12s 4A charger currently and it works alrightā€¦ def better than the 2A.

Iā€™m probably thinking of doing 4 x 6s lipos (2 in series and 2 in parallel) all connected to a bmsā€¦ also unsure of which one currently.

Can anyone recommend a solution for this to work? Aka specific lipos and a bms that will ideally fit in a 1200 (Or was it 1400?) pelicase? And that would work with this charger (preferably 8A, but 6A is still an improvement to my current 4A). Please and thanks ahead of time!