Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

So I turned on the board and the VX1 … hit the throttle… no motor movement …

Turned the board off and on again … now everything is fine

SHOULD I WORRY?! MAYBE OPEN IT UP AND CHECK EVERYTHING?! :thinking:

[ Why will this close?! ]

If you go to the home page (by clicking the esk8 news logo top left) you’ll see a pinned message at the top that you can scroll, it will explain why it will close :blush:
Basically the mods are lazy and can’t be bothered to fix a bug :grin:

2 Likes

So i’m still designing my mount for my neoboxes. Do you have any ideas to improve v2?

My first version was this:

My second version is this:
To explain what you see. THe bottom red plate is where the neoboxes get mounted to.
The Black pillars act as standoffs. The yellow cirlce within the pillars are insert, the inserts are on both sides!

These are the standoffs with inserts

This is the mounting plate:

Here the standoffs on the mounting plate (not sure if i only do 4 or 6)

Here the bottom of it all with the neoboxes “mounted” The yellow circles will be the screws holding the standoffs and plate together.

This is the complete package. On top of all that would be the Lid and air vent of my enclosure.

the end result should look like this:

2 Likes

me personally, I’d de-case them thar poorly designed neothingies, bolt them to a alum. plate heat-sink, with thermal pad… as thin of a pad as you can get with good contact, make a 3d printed case to go over them, and then mount them upside-down in your esc case and have fun…

1 Like

True…but where do i get a low cost alu heatsink from? 3ds wont fit.

buy alum. plate… design… hack-saw, file, and drill… we are DIY… are we not?

4 Likes

well yeah…but thats the one thing i wanted to look good on my board :smiley:

ok…a tupperware box isn’t what i would call good looking

it’ll all be mounted discreetly in your elegant tupperware…

CAD it up and hire a local machine shop to hog it out for you.

1 Like

Yeah or just set your PWM settings so that your max pulse length on your receiver is the center pulse length on your ESC

2 Likes

So true!!!
You should be able to do so with arduino based diy remotes.
Use a button to switch modes or something.
When in cop mode, your throttle wont be read from the remote sensors, and voila.

Should not be that hard to implement!

1 Like

I dream of a supreme remote that includes a horn, window breaker, brass knuckles, fold out hex keys, flash light, integrated slide resistance, and the intelligence to match. Taser is optional.

Swiss army remote, size doesn’t matter. I’ll carry a freaking briefcase for all I care.

2 Likes

Louis, please stop taking nonsense. We can only achieve what Discourse allows us to do.

I want a remote that mounts in my helmet, has HUD and reads my thoughts, and a couple of pockets in my pants to carry all the rest of that crap…

1 Like

Discourse is open-source.

There are no more excuses.

You can simply edit dicourse at-will :crazy_face:

(and only give up future security patches and new feature compatibility)

Literally ordered a flipsky 6.6 dual this morning. Will see how it works out hopefully it’s not too bad. Im willing to buy another esc for my next raptor I build, i just needed something tell those new ones came out.

The tazer comment, reminds me of the tazer review meme on Amazon.

2 Likes

Why is it that there’s only 4.12 to 6.something out everywhere on the market?
Supposedly 5.x is the focbox stuff, but hw 3? 2? Is it lost somewhere on a forgotten forum forever? Does anyone still use such an old hardware version?

My guess is maybe not due to the software in the app not allowing for as much or no customization of your focbox’s. Mine where so old that I had to update the firmware before it would let me do anything else.

5 was skipped and I don’t think 0, 1, 2, or 3 were publicly released

started on 4.5

1 Like