Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

So thereā€™s realistically 2 big general versions that set the standard and thatā€™s it? (Ignoring 75/300 and specific designs)
Also, assuming one uses 4.x hardware and doesnā€™t run into any bottleneck type of limitations, would there be any reason to upgrade to 6.x?

1 Like

Can i use the temperature pin in the hall sensor to measure the battery temperature? My motors donā€™t have temperature sensors
What sensor part number do i need for that?
Does the other end connect to 3.3/5v or gnd?

1 Like

I donā€™t see why you couldnā€™tā€¦ here is the post I followed from @mishrasubhransu he added a thermistor on his hanger, I opened the motor can and used a smaller 10k thermistor to my statorā€¦ Iā€™ve since disconnected them due to all the faulty temp. sensor throttlingā€¦

good luck

2 Likes

:heart:

1 Like

Mine would connect, but if I didnā€™t calibrate it with the up down thing somtiemes itā€™d be insanely mis calibrated and fly off or slam breaks with the slightest movement.

1 Like

realizing 10s6p 20700s might actually fit better than 12s5p

1 Like

Yes, version 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 4.10, 4.11, 4.12, 4.20 are all two-shunt designs

Versions 6.0+ are all three-shunt designs

2 Likes

I donā€™t seem to find in that thread and donā€™t really want to read 1300 comments; between which pins does the thermistor go? Temp (white) + ?
Thanks for confirming my theory by the way

just clicky the link I provided.

it takes you to exactly the correct post

2 Likes

Nevermind. It was right thereā€¦ sorry

If you were looking to run a motor in FOC mode with battery amps maxing at ~45A, would you go for a new Maytech v6 vesc (MTSVESC) or an OG Focbox?

Oh, you mean like this?

:expressionless:

1 Like

I thought this one was hard
solder-board-practice
that one looks really interesting.

1 Like

can someone please suggest which side (ridged edge or smooth curved one) faces the center of the board? i donā€™t know what is the proper way to mount these wheels- google searching says ā€œgraphics out, inside side towards the truckā€, but that isnā€™t helpfulā€¦ help plz

Flat, ground side faces in.

2 Likes

Even if I noticed that the ridged/flat-side faced in pulls the wheel pulley further back into the wheel? Would having the flat edge face out instead be much worse? Like with the flat edge towards the truck, the wheel sticks out past the wheel pulley rim.

hmmm. a pic would help, but the pulleys I have on those exact wheels sit perfectly flush on those flats.

How big is the pulley? How many teeth?

It is a 36 teeth torque boards one- I canā€™t get a clear picture but the pulleys rim is just a millimeter behind the wheel. And I donā€™t think this was a problem before I tried correcting the orientation, so rn Iā€™ll deal with the 6 bolts to flip it around and test it

LiFePO4 is far more resilient to things than li-ion or lipo

I run Cal7s with smooth face curved edge OUTā€¦ many miles no issuesā€¦ the core is centered in the wheel, so to me It really doesnā€™t matterā€¦ if the hub was offsetā€¦ then Iā€™d say run offset outā€¦

2 Likes